COZI TV issues anyone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Since last week the AMC 1 ku band NBC mux has been lower than usual for me with COZI TV pixelating and freezing every so often, the microHD takes forever to lock the 11840 H, 30000 mux and sometimes after 20 minutes needs a power cycle to make watchable again. Others TPs seem OK. I even peaked the 1m Primestar dish yesterday and the best I can get is 66Q, down from 78Q on other NBC feeds there. Is this just me?

I power-cycled a week ago while watching a program which seemed to help with pixelation on Cozi, but I did not look at the signal. Just instinct said, "reboot"...
It's been a week or so. Usually signal is quite good here on a dedicated ku dish and the newer PLL LNB.

A Titanium PLL LNBF solved my AMC-21 issues and I was planning on ordering a few more. I was thinking of swapping it out for a baseline comparison testing for my AMC-1 dish.

Now that you mention problems with it. Took a look and my Q is doing something I haven't seen on it before. No pixelization, but the Q is cycling 71 down to 58 and back to 71 and repeating every 2 seconds or so. (S9 and 1.2m ChannelMaster)
Nice weather now*, around 40°F, light wind and clouds, so don't think that doing it. Confirmation(?): The beach and network TP's are steady and normal Q. 75 - 73)
*Tomorrow AM forecast is another Blizzard with 9 to 15 inches of that blasted white stuff.

I have setup a dedicated 33" for COZI. Yesterday did get some badly pixalated signal and could not lock on. Beach cam fine at Q 74 even with the oddball skew. Today neither the Geosat PL1 PLL nor the Avenger PLL321S show any signal what so ever. This is by far one of the most difficult and unpredictable TP to receive and can not say it is weather related. Its clear, sunny and 52F at the moment.

First my little Cozi weirdness,I'm using an old Directway dish with a Geosat pll.When I first set it up it was working fine,but there wasn't anything on Cozi I wanted to watch when I wanted to watch it,so I just ignored it for awhile.Then when I went to check it once in awhile,sometimes it was there others not,said oh well.But then one day by accident I discovered if my Paraclipse was parked on 101w Cozi came in great,if it was on say 105w,no Cozi,WTF.Note the Pclipse is strictly C band.I have since found that when the Pclipse is on some other sats,Cozi works.Other than both dishes are connected to diseqc switch,I have no idea why it works this way.The Pclipse in no way blocks the directway dish.
Anyway right now Cozi on the Directway dish with the geosat pll lnbf is at 77% sig and 68% quality,using an AZ Ultra.

Check the TP's on the satellites the BUD is on when Cozi doesn't work. Is there a TP on or near the cozi tp? Wait a sec, shouldn't be interference via the switch, the power is OFF to the BUD LNBF. Weirdness? yes.

You can find COZI on 105W at times. (like right now) 3780 H 30000. On 103W AMC 1 Ku it has the offset skew. I have a dedicated 1m prodlin on that. I think every once in a while they fire up SES 3 at 103W for testing and I can get COZI with normal skew Ku on my BUD

I'm not having any issues with Cozi, but I have a dedicated 1.2m Prodelin aimed at this sat. I never could keep it locked 24/7 on my MicroHD with a smaller size dish at my location, until I switched to the larger dish.

A Titanium PLL LNBF solved my AMC-21 issues and I was planning on ordering a few more. I was thinking of swapping it out for a baseline comparison testing for my AMC-1 dish.

Please remind us what your AMC-21 issue was again. I've been having some problems and your leanings could provide me with some clues. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys iOS app

Check the TP's on the satellites the BUD is on when Cozi doesn't work. Is there a TP on or near the cozi tp? Wait a sec, shouldn't be interference via the switch, the power is OFF to the BUD LNBF. Weirdness? yes.

Well actually the Paraclipse is powered all the time,C band,ONLY,ortho into a modded 2x8 switch.And I know the diseqc does leak,when the wind would blow the Winegard around on the pole and I moved the Para to whatever sat,the AZbox would work without changing the port #s.The Para is port 1 and the Wine is port 3.The Winegard is used for 101 to 137 and the Pclipse handles 99 to 55,generally.
One of these days,when I get a round tuit,sooner or later,I'll dig into it and figure it out,but for now......:D

Guess the only answer is a bigger dish ?

Colorado , I use a smaller primestar dish (36"x30") for 103w . Have had constant signal issues , cozi being watchable , maybe 75% of the time . I figured that 1 meter prmstr dish , would do the trick . Now , I'm thinking that 4 ft dish I've always wanted , might be needed .

Before you go spending time and money, are you aware that the existing sat will be replaced soon. Hopefully all the problems with COZI will go away.

Up to recently my 1m dish has been great for 103W. The funny thing is about 20 minutes into a program, the picture begins to pixelate on COZI and anything else on that TP, all other channels OK. A reboot of the receiver fixes it.

Perhaps the LNBF is drifting after it's powered on for a while. I ordered 2 more Titanium PLL-1KS LNBFs yesterday from ke4est. Before I swap the LNBFs, I'll make some signal quality observations and report back the results.

Haven't tried a different lnb yet , might tho . I hope the new 103w sat will help , been hearing it's coming for about a year now . Just getting back to my concrete work , with better weather , so , got more time than money . Will wait on that 4 ft dish , unless I find one cheap . Really like cozi , gonna try to improve my signal , one way or another .

Perfect morning for doing sat work. Temp is 30F, wind chill 16f and wind gusting to 40 mph.
Slapped on the Invacom QPH-031, skewed to about 10º and bingo there's COZI TV. S at 90 and Q jumping between 50 -70 enough for the STB to lock on.
The Avenger PLL and the GeoSatpro PLL can not lock on.

jorgek where are you in the footprint of 103? Hard to see that newer PLL lnbfs can't grab the Cozi signal, but the older invacom does. Never had the invacom, maybe it really is that much better.

jorgek where are you in the footprint of 103? Hard to see that newer PLL lnbfs can't grab the Cozi signal, but the older invacom does. Never had the invacom, maybe it really is that much better.

I'm in the 48dbw zone. I'm surprised with the Invacom. It is the Cadilac of LNBs. Will have to see how it performs throughout the day. With the 33" dish reception of COZI has always been hit and miss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts