CPU coolers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It was directed towards Navychop but I'm glad that the thermal paste was included. I've had to tell several of my friends to take it apart and apply the thermal grease to get the best results. They just didn't know the importance of the thermal grease.

I do that to every heatsink and fan I install.

You did apply a thermal grease like artic silver when you attached the cooler, right?

I'm not sure which one of us you are talking to but the Hyper 212 EVO that me and Navychop both installed comes with a tube of thermal paste. I'm not sure on brand or kind but that is what I used when I installed mine.

It was directed towards Navychop but I'm glad that the thermal paste was included. I've had to tell several of my friends to take it apart and apply the thermal grease to get the best results. They just didn't know the importance of the thermal grease.

I do that to every heatsink and fan I install.

Absolutely always use the grease. I'd be concerned about burning the CPU up without any. I had some old stuff but decided to use what came with it. It's labeled "Cooler Master" - Let's see, I'm becoming a loyal Cooler Master customer without realizing it - case, CPU fan & grease and a case where I used to work.

I've used Arctic Silver in the past and liked it, but can't really say it's any better than anything else. Used to HAVE TO buy CPU coolers separately when I was building them from scratch every couple of months or so. Built a lot of AMD stuff, too. Maybe they'll leap ahead again some day.

Thought I'd give an idea of how tight.

IMG_1277.JPGIMG_1274.JPGthru case.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts