Crack when changing music channels

AcuraCL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Anyone else experience this?

Doesn't matter if it's Sirius or Muzak. When I feed the sound via PCM/Optical Digital out, and change channels, there is a loud CRACK (some people might hear it as a POP or even a snap or crackle :) ).

PCM is the only setting I can use with my preamp.

AcuraCL said:
Anyone else experience this?

Doesn't matter if it's Sirius or Muzak. When I feed the sound via PCM/Optical Digital out, and change channels, there is a loud CRACK (some people might hear it as a POP or even a snap or crackle :) ).

PCM is the only setting I can use with my preamp.

No crack or pop with my 811/Denon combination. I am Using optical output.

NightRyder

I don't believe it has anything to do with using optical cables as I've hooked it up both ways and still get the crackling noise. It happens when you go from one Sirius channel to the other and also when you're in the EPG and select a Sirius channel. I also don't believe it has anything to do with the type receiver you have, but I do believe it's a Dish issue.

Ken

As I already stated I do not hear pops, cracks or anything unusual when changing between Sirius channels. I do get a momentary breakup of sound when accessing the guide when tuned to a Sirius channel, but there are still no anomalous sounds sounds introduced when that happens.

This is obviously an 811 problem but some brands of A/V equipment may be more prone to abhorrent behavior because of this bug than others.

NightRyder

I have no audio receiver and it makes a skipping record sound when I switching between music channels! It only started doing this on the next to last software update!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)