craiglist find

ok, that is what i was wanting to know, and when i get my hands on the equip just set it up and have him call dish and set up a prepaid acount.

Sounds good :D

Also, if you're buying receivers from CL/ebay, it's always best to have the receiver number checked with DISH to make sure it will be eligible for transfer.

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
Sounds good :D

Also, if you're buying receivers from CL/ebay, it's always best to have the receiver number checked with DISH to make sure it will be eligible for transfer.

How exactly does the prepaid account work?

How exactly does the prepaid account work?

What are you wanting to know? They're pretty much the same as regular accounts, just require that service be paid for before it is used (you pay the next full month of service before it is used).

Activation Only - Buy, and install everything on your own
Flex - We install it, but you do have to pay an activation fee and a one time fee for the receiver(s) you have installed

Make sure you don't try to use the 301 or 311 with a 1000.4 eastern arc dish, it won't work!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

For an activation only account, you only need to pay the first month of service up front

So this scenario would work? Pay upfront for July in June, let the service lapse in August. Then pay upfront again in Aug. for Sept.? No cancel/reactivation fee?

I'm a full-time customer, but that would work great for a buddy of mine. I have a unactivated 508 I was going to give him, but looks like that's obsolete and he'd need to pick up a receiver?

When service is activated, the payment he makes will cover the next month of service (days 0-30). If payment is not received for days 30-60 by day 31, service will be disconnected. There is no cancellation fee so long as he is not in a commitment, and there is no penalty to restart service, just has to pay for the next full month of service.

508s are obsolete, so he's better off getting a different receiver.