Craigslist sellers bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Over the last week my wife has been burned by three sellers on childrens bedroom furniture where the seller sold the item while he/she was talking about the item or the spouse sold it and in one instance set up an appointment the day before to meet for us to pick it up and sold it an hour later and never cancelled the appointment. Yesterday I found an ipod touch 16gig for $150 and because the seller didnt have a car dropped it to $135 as I would be driving from Virginia Beach to Yorktown to get it. Soon as I got that reply I sent him one asking when he wanted to meet and his reply was "some time tomorrow" which I sent the question of when and where and to call me with no reply sense then. I look around 2 today and his add is deleted by author.

Seriously it peeves me to no end the lack of responsibility sellers and buyers have online through places like craigslist and ebay but craigslist is really really bad about it because there's no recourse when dealing with a less than reputable seller/buyer.

The other side of the coin though is we got a queen/king headboard and frame in great condition for $65 and a twin sleigh bed with a 5ft tall solid wood head board and 3.5ft tall solid wood foot bed and solid wood frame rails along with a solid wood night stand for $50 for our daughter in near great condition.

More like a sign of the times, the impersonal nature of the internet really makes it easy for people to be unscrupulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts