crazy glitching on 722k lately

Zorlac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Iowa
I'm watching Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO and there is this constant glitching as if there was a heavy thunderstorm going on, but all is clear here. I recorded some episodes of Workaholics this week and some suffered with terror glitching in the beginning then went away. But I can't watch Real Time as the glitching is too much and its not going away.

Anyone else having problems? This 722k isn't a year a half old yet, so it can't possibly be going bad already? I haven't changed a thing. The other receivers , both 211s arent having this glitching problem.

OK, I hit the reset button on the 722 front panel and that seems to have done the trick.

edit: nope, glitching is back. After 15 minutes of resetting.

Not sure what you mean by "glitching" is the picture pixelated? If so I had a 722 that started doing this and after trouble shooting I finally had to return it. New one fixed the problem.

Doesn't make any difference that it is only 1 1/2 old. Some hard drives die faster than others. Also very possible it's a refurb. So bite the bullet and PM the DIRT team here.

Doesn't make any difference that it is only 1 1/2 old. Some hard drives die faster than others. Also very possible it's a refurb. So bite the bullet and PM the DIRT team here.
What do you mean possibly a refurb? New 722s haven't been made in years all are returned leases so it AINT NEW.

Let's not jump to conclusions. Bad fittings, signal, lnb, power source can all cause these issues. I've seen miltiple 1000.2 e.a. Lnbs end up with water inside them too

The hopper was not just coming out, AFAIK it wasnt even on the radar. The 922k was the new kid on the block. Iirc I upgraded to the dish HD package around August of 2011.

Anyway the glitching I'm referring to is similar to signal dropouts you get when there's a severe thunderstorm. Last night during Real Time it was really acting up, happening every 5 minutes or so. After resetting it only happened 2 or three times every 15 minutes. I don't think there's an issue with the lnb given the other receivers in the house (211s) are working fine. Afaik this 722k was new out of the box when they installed it.

There's nothing on the dvr that I'll miss much as I've seen everything on it a bunch of times. I'll see if I can upgrade to a hopper for a reasonable price.

The Hopper released on March 15, 2012..... I got mine on March 17, 2012....
If it was released on March 15th it had to be in production before that or they wouldn't be any available for that introduction date. Maybe it was a year and a quarter instead of 1 1/2 years, but the 722K was already out of production. Check the serial number on the back of the receiver if it begins with a W it is a refurb.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts