crazy wild feeds and backhauls

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
hey guys, it has been one week since i tracked my dish in and i must say it has been great! i have really been getting into the wild feeds, horse racing,backhauls,and the crazy video conferences. the last couple of days a guy named rutherford has been doing a conference on t6 9 and 14 about south carolina gun permits, i am guessing that is what you call a v conference because you hear and see just him. but anyhow yesterday another guy was with him and was telling him how he got bumbed the night before by cnn, they proceeded to bad mouth the guy that cnn put on instead of him and even went as far as calling him a nerd! you would think these people would know by now they are being watched. i have taped some of the feeds as well just in case i run across something really cool or contraversial. and the astros backhaul last night was on t6 tp 5. i really enjoyed the pre game and post game talking going on, anyways this is the coolest hobby i have ever ran into. do you guys track the feeds?

they proceeded to bad mouth the guy that cnn put on instead of him and even went as far as calling him a nerd!

LOL funny stuff :)

and the astros backhaul last night was on t6 tp 5. i really enjoyed the pre game and post game talking going on,

Yeah I used to watch NFL games that during commercial break the announcers would talk about all kinds of things not even pertaining to football. :D

Yes it can be quite a blast htownjoe. Caught a few amazing things over the years. I would imagine there would be more satellite traffic in English in your part of the world. A few years ago found a feed from a sat that everyone thought was dead (for years) but the techs in Indonesia gave it run. What was really great, they were uplinking a signal from a subscriber box. What you got to watch is whatever the tech felt like watching on there shift.
Wondered what the hell I was watching then all of a sudden up comes a menu and then they select a different channel. They must of got in a bit of strife for doing so as after a while they put there own control room camera overlaid (PIP) on the uplink. You can even see the tech lookin at the downlink signal on there specy. Bizzare!
Here is a couple of screen captures.

Attachments

• B4 Monitor.jpg
    B4 Monitor.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 360
  • B4 uplink.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 374
I ran across a similar feed in the late 90's on my c-band analog -some movie- then up popped an guide to my subbed digital sytem. It confused me at first till I realized that I indeed was watching the analog system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)