Credit card needed?

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I'm trying to convert my brother from cable to Dish (free months for me) but he doesn't have a credit card. If he buys the equipment will they send him monthly bills? He cut all his cards at the start of the recession.
Thanks,
Joe

call the dish store (link at top of the page) they will get you hooked up no problems. (and yes, they will send a bill to his house)

With the new promotions Dish just started last week you can. You can sign up for DHA TOO or FlexTV. All you need for DHA TOO is a social security number and you don't need anything for FlexTV. DHA TOO is $99 upfront and you can get a single or dual tuner. FlexTV is $149 and you can also get a single or dual tuner.

He was planning on buying a 722 and then having the dealer activate it. Couldn't they just send him a bill?

LOL...
U wanna ur poor bro buy the dish equipments,Might cost him over 100s dollars.. then u get the free months of dish????.

Last edited by a moderator:
they eliminate the no promo no ssn promotion so if he doesn't provide an ssn, he has to go flextv and pay the $149 activation fee whether or not he takes the dish equipment 322.

Otherwise he has to provide ssn and qualify. now without a cc he can go dhatoo which is $99 for solo or duo rec and $49 to add a 322 if he wants 3 or more room. he will also have to pay all programming upfront such as paying first bill before scheduling new connect install. later if he order ppv or make programming upgrade he has to pay first before additional services are added.

Paying for a 722 will be expensive. Plus you would have to hook it up yourself. Dish's promotions are usually a better way to go.

Simple solution. If he has an ATM card through his bank just switch it to a debit card with a Visa or Master Card logo on it. Then if he passes credit he can take advantage of all the great DHA promotions.

This is what I did after we cut up our credit cards.

Dish has had my credit card number for 12 years. Not one problem to this point.....
I never had a problem either. If you did have a billing dispute you could call your bank to dispute the issue if it was to escalate that far. The cc gives you that option. Now if someone was trying to wrongfully take their receiver(s) or early termination of service at least E* has an avenue to collect for the equipment and or fees. I have no problem with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts