Credit card required?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just placed order!! Now I get to pick install dates.

Is this Sunday, Superbowl, a good day? Im concerned that Ill get less knowledgeable people on Sunday. I am thinking during the week I might get more professional people.

**OMG - it was for March 2010 (Not this month!)..Damn!!! So the earliest date is March 1st. Hilarious. Well, that stinks. Ill book it for March 2nd then.

Also, it said I did not need a deposit and they will not access my Credit card at all. thats good.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

The week before the Superbowl is the worst installation period! I have had people pull into customer's driveways to get me to come to their homes next...."I'll fix it with your boss, etc." ......."I'll pay cash..." They go nuts and will call DTV over and over again for updates ( arewethereye?t...arewethereyet?)

Find a local reseller and ask him. He will be quicker in most cases because all the DTV work goes to their Home Service Providers.

Joe

So how long do you think Ill get this installed? Whats the average wait time?
Am I in for a long wait..30 days ++??

Man, I hope I did everything right so far..ordered online only..gave them american xpress card..I dunno. Time Warner already ripped me off by not ever giving me the promotion they said I had. It cant get any worse for me. I set my American Express email alerts for any charges over $1 to my account (I never use it). So DirecTV----Im watching YOU!

Still can schedule it online. I might have to call them (cringe). I dont think I need it until next week or two anyways. So whatever.

lol day after the superbowl? what fun is that? lets hope you do get it done monday. weather can a tech having over 7 jobs could reschedule. just a headsup warning.

like here, we are expected to get snow up to 6 inches by monday night starting today.

Well, Im not getting it for the superbowl. I just want to dump Time Warner as soon as possible. Worst case, does they will call me to reschedule if they get backed up and cant come out on Monday?

Well, Im not getting it for the superbowl. I just want to dump Time Warner as soon as possible. Worst case, does they will call me to reschedule if they get backed up and cant come out on Monday?

yah they will call you in the morning to give you an ETA.. then from there.. you will know what time they are expected to come. Most cases, you will get it done.

im not trying to say negative things or anything. i dunno what city youre in.. but my area, im in a city and the next tech to me is 150 miles. so im a remote tech so 7 job is a LONG day to cover a big area.

but if youre in a city that has 2 or more techs, youre sure to get it done. i dont reschedule alot of jobs and most times i get my 7 jobs done, but the last one could be around 6pm to 9pm frame bc its hard to do 4-5 jobs in an afternoon if its scattered in and out of cities.

Im in Cleveland, OH. Hopefully no problems. I already scheduled Time Warner to disconnect the TV the next day on Tuesday. So hoping they get it done on Monday. I hate Time Warner so much - the TV channel selection is so horrible compared to DirecTV plus I am paying more. Basically Im getting Basic service for the same price I would get Choice Extra from DirecTV.

I read all these horror stories of bad installs. I want them to use the exact coaxle cables that are already in place for my cable. So no drilling or rewiring. The only thing they need to do is climb up the 2 story roof of my house and put the dish there. Crossing fingers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)