Credit for missing appointment?

grendyl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
My local cable company gives $20 if the guy doesn't show up on time for service. Does Dish Network have something similar? This guy is several hours late. Thanks.

My local cable company gives $20 if the guy doesn't show up on time for service. Does Dish Network have something similar? This guy is several hours late. Thanks.
nope...And thnak goodness no such policy exists..Let me give you an example....Typically we receive 30 to 40 jobs per work day....In a perfect world 1/3 would be AM jobs(8-12 arrival time) and the rest PM 12-5 Arrival time....But that doesn't happen..Sometimes on a given day our assigned work is all in one time frame..Now, we do precall our customers and if there are conflicts with work we let the customers know and we persuade the customer to agree to earlier or later appontments...Also, if a tech gets stuck on a job that takes much longer than aniticipated that tech is goingot be late for all their remaining appointments..This happens all the time..Each job is unique..All we can ask is that the customer realize that we have more than just THEIR job that day and that everything does not always work out the way we want...
I will say this...There is absolutely NO excuse for non communication...If I am in a bind and going to be late, I pick up the phone and call my customers to keep them updated of my situtation. You are our customers,dammit!! And without you we don't have an income..Subscribers should be treated as valued customers..It is amazing how appreciative customers are of a courtesy call..Perahps the biggest compliant I hear from customers whose jobs were rescheduled is a no call no show..That is highly inconsiderate

The cable companies that offer that force the techs to leave a job half done because they know they will get dinged if they are late. One reason I gave up on cable.

Last edited:
I wish I had you b/c he didn't call and he told me if he had done the initial install 'I would have put it were I wanted to put it and you would have had to deal with it'. He didn't check 129 or 110, I had to refuse to sign the paperwork until I checked them myself. I asked him which transponders to check and he said 'I am not paid to give out that info; to go into this would take to long' I kid you not. I can understand re: the logistics. I am not in the field so I don't know how it works, I only know if cable can do it (and they must have similar issues) other providers should consider it. After 4 service appts. this service is looking less and less attractive though; I think the service side needs to be re-tooled a bit.

I wish I had you b/c he didn't call and he told me if he had done the initial install 'I would have put it were I wanted to put it and you would have had to deal with it'. He didn't check 129 or 110, I had to refuse to sign the paperwork until I checked them myself. I asked him which transponders to check and he said 'I am not paid to give out that info; to go into this would take to long' I kid you not. I can understand re: the logistics. I am not in the field so I don't know how it works, I only know if cable can do it (and they must have similar issues) other providers should consider it. After 4 service appts. this service is looking less and less attractive though; I think the service side needs to be re-tooled a bit.
I check the TP's myself to make sure the damn thing is going to work right before I leave..I do this on my own and usually don't let the customer get involved or have to worry about it...I peak the dish and make sure everything is ok before I call to activate..I discuss the location of the dish and any routing of cables before I start work. This way I am covered and so is the suctomer..If the customer chages their mind after the point of no return, they will pay me for the extra work..But anyway this is highly unsual becuase of the pre install discussion..Yes it takes more time but I avoid heaches on the back end.....I am well aware that there are installers who tell the customer what is going to be done and allow no customer input. I don't undertand that..The home BELONGS TO THE CUSTOMER!!!!!.IMO this is a bad way to start off the business realtionship..

I check the TP's myself to make sure the damn thing is going to work right before I leave..I do this on my own and usually don't let the customer get involved or have to worry about it...I peak the dish and make sure everything is ok before I call to activate..I discuss the location of the dish and any routing of cables before I start work. This way I am covered and so is the suctomer..If the customer chages their mind after the point of no return, they will pay me for the extra work..But anyway this is highly unsual becuase of the pre install discussion..Yes it takes more time but I avoid heaches on the back end.....I am well aware that there are installers who tell the customer what is going to be done and allow no customer input. I don't undertand that..The home BELONGS TO THE CUSTOMER!!!!!.IMO this is a bad way to start off the business realtionship..

This is why I could never be an installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)