Creepy email from WFN

kvnfl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
SWFL
I received an email from WFN. I had not previously contacted them or complained about their channel directly. Of course it is no substitute for VOOM, but it is no worse than The Smithosonian Channel or MGM HD. It is equally as bad, just in a different way. WFN, all SD, all the time. Smithsonian, if you missed it, just wait 144 hours and it will be re-aired. MGM, might be upconverted video, but the audio is original SD. Email:

You will now be able to see new HD content on WFN HD, channel 394.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks for watching. There is now more information on the HD shows on our site (wfn.tv) and more will appear over the next few weeks.
Sean

Sean Luxton | VP Content Distribution
Insight Sports | Aquila Productions | WFN | GOLTV | Game TV | NHL Network | Grand Slam of Curling | Major League Gaming | Gretzky.com
184 Pearl St., Suite 302, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1L5
w: 416.593.2104 | c. 647.284.3667 | f. 416.593.6991
sluxton@insightsports.com
www.insightsports.com

Yesterday morning I noticed a good bit of "HD" on WFN. Started a thread about it here. About every time I flip past, there is something 16x9. While I am not really a fishing fan, I can say that about 75% of the time I flip past, it has been "HD" (I say "HD" because I have no fancy equipment to prove resolution, only the fact it is widescreen) I guess anything is better than nothing!

SWEET! Curling in HD.

I've so missed the excitement and tension.

Will the stone curl behind that one and bump the other out.

Be still my beating heart!

Hey, I love curling. It feels like one of the few Olympic sports I could do. More about strategy and the right touch than intense athletics. I have a Dish Pass for curling, but it actually catches more shows about curling irons than actual curling.

Yesterday morning I noticed a good bit of "HD" on WFN. Started a thread about it here. About every time I flip past, there is something 16x9. While I am not really a fishing fan, I can say that about 75% of the time I flip past, it has been "HD" (I say "HD" because I have no fancy equipment to prove resolution, only the fact it is widescreen) I guess anything is better than nothing!

Are you sure that you don not have your 722/622 in stretch mode. I have not seen any HD on WFN yet and I have been looking!

Are you sure that you don not have your 722/622 in stretch mode. I have not seen any HD on WFN yet and I have been looking!
Very certain it is not in stretch mode. I did see one program on there NOT in 16x9; it was a show that was postage stamped with the logo in bottom of the black framed space. If the 722 was set to stretch, the postage stamp would have filled the screen and the logo would have been cropped off. (Plus, non-wfn commercials are 4x3 Pillar Boxed.) While I might be an e* newb, I am not a video newb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)