Creepy message

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Today when I woke up I seen a weird message pop up on my phone. It said " We noticed that you go to bed around 3 am would you like to setup a samsung timer for you?" I thought I don't go to bed at that time I thought it was strange.

Reactions: spongella
Sounds like it is an overseas thing, as the time might be in GMT. For example, at my location 3 am GMT would translate to 11pm.

I get voice mail several times a month about a college loan I have, and how to pay it off ahead of time. Never had one, hi hi.

Just the other day I got a phone message with a woman saying helloooo, helloooo, at least a dozen times before hanging up. Probably someone's drunken girlfriend? :)

My phone has every creep and weirdo in the world on the other end. I never answer it anymore. Over 90% of my calls are scammers and unwanted solicitors. One of the worst offenders is my own cable company Charter. They don't care and they won't stop. They're the only game in town and they know it. Phone service that I used to know and love doesn't exist anymore. :(

I use an app named "Call Control" on my cell phone that uses a huge community generated list to block spammer, scammer, charity, and political calls, as well as any other numbers I add myself. For land line systems that support it, try NoMoRobo.com.

Reactions: TheKrell
I get a ton of spam calls also, most of them have spoofed their number with a local exchange.

My Verizon work phone gets hammered, personal phone with project fi not so much, ooma house phone little to none.

My phone has every creep and weirdo in the world on the other end. I never answer it anymore. Over 90% of my calls are scammers and unwanted solicitors. One of the worst offenders is my own cable company Charter. They don't care and they won't stop. They're the only game in town and they know it. Phone service that I used to know and love doesn't exist anymore. :(

I've got all 9 of their phone numbers in my phone, so I never answer them. I don't want cable tv service again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)