Cricket Pack on 118.7

bantonb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 28, 2009
Florida
I have 2 buddies who live in Maine. I referred them to Dish a few months ago mainly because of the cricket channels. Dish called them and said they had to upgrade in order to get 118.7. They were viewing the cricket pack fine on 61.5.

They changed last week to 118 and the signal is really low there. The slightest rain and the signal goes out. The installer said that part of the country the signal comes in really low and there is nothing they can do.

Now they are pissed and want to go back to 61.5 or they are leaving dish and revert to the good old internet feed where it's free.

My question is if the signal is so week on 118, why are they changing these channels on there? I am in Rochester, is the signal strength weak here too for 118?

Yours is the first post I have seen where you had to get 118 to get Cricket. It is possible the CSR was wrong.

All international programming is going to 118, and will be off 61.5 because there is not enough space for all the Sports (and other) HD channels. But it isn't known if cricket will be affected this year. Some have posted asking that question, but I have not seen an answer.
I say it's possible the CSR was wrong because when I wanted EuroNews, they told me I had to have 118. But EuroNews was (and still is) also on 61.5. I finally had the Dish CSR's from this site do it for me.

Yours is the first post I have seen where you had to get 118 to get Cricket. It is possible the CSR was wrong.

All international programming is going to 118, and will be off 61.5 because there is not enough space for all the Sports (and other) HD channels. But it isn't known if cricket will be affected this year. Some have posted asking that question, but I have not seen an answer.
I say it's possible the CSR was wrong because when I wanted EuroNews, they told me I had to have 118. But EuroNews was (and still is) also on 61.5. I finally had the Dish CSR's from this site do it for me.

You don't need 118 right now to view cricket since it's also on 61.5. However, Dish is calling people who have International Packages to upgrade to 118. They are saying if you don't upgrade you will lose these channels since all international programming is going on 118. I guess they put cricket in that category also. I am viewing the cricket pack on 61.5 without any problems, but sadly, if they switch it to 118 and my signal is weak I will have to leave dish also. I hate to do that since I have been with them almost 9 years now.

One of my friends just cancelled his account today and is going back to watch cricket online for free. The other one is still getting it on 61.5 for some reason so he is staying until or if they take it off from 61.5.

Since we are paying $20 a month for 3 channels and they are sports, these should be channels in HD they are saying also.

One of my friends just cancelled his account today and is going back to watch cricket online for free. The other one is still getting it on 61.5 for some reason so he is staying until or if they take it off from 61.5.

Since we are paying $20 a month for 3 channels and they are sports, these should be channels in HD they are saying also.

Completly agree abt the HD part. But IMO...$20 for cricket package is a good deal......if not a great one...I have though no idea why they are forcing it on 118 if 61.5 also having it.

a lot if int'l programming is still on 61.5 and will be mirrored there until all the 118 migrations are complete

I don't anything on 118 is broadcast in HD yet or will be in the near future

But my answer still stands. He didn't say he got a call or letter, he said he could not subscribe without having 61.5. As I said, I believe this is the first post to say that. If they are sticking to that, it might mean moving Cricket isn't far off. OR - as I also said - the CSR is wrong as was my case.

They have called me several times to change and I have refused because of the weak signals on 118. If they take off the cricket pack from 61 I am a goner too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)