WSEE in Puerto Rico and Erie PA a question for Matt from Dish

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Why in Puerto Rico we are still getting the bad image SD of WSEE out of Erie Pa and this CBS is already in WSEE is in HD for the Erie Market?
The WSEE SD signal on Dish in Puerto Rico is a crime its so bad that I stop watching the CBS shows. So why can't Dish give us the HD version of WSEE for us in PR?
WSEE is part of our Locals on channel 8

WPRU ABC 20 SD Sucks they have a HD channel available buut Dish has not picked it up!
WVGN NBC 14 It sucks real bad the picture quality
WSJX FOX 24 picture quality is not bad but i would prefer NFL in HD
WSJP CW 17 quality looks bad picture

Last edited:
Why in Puerto Rico we are still getting the bad image SD of WSEE out of Erie Pa and this CBS is already in WSEE is in HD for the Erie Market?
The WSEE SD signal on Dish in Puerto Rico is a crime its so bad that I stop watching the CBS shows. So why can't Dish give us the HD version of WSEE for us in PR?
WSEE is part of our Locals on channel 8

I don't know why we don't carry the HD version of WSEEP. My guess is it's a contract thing, but once again, I do not know.

This falls under the same rule as other markets with a "distant" signal

If your "locals" are not in HD, the distant (imported) station cannot be either.
Now I know in PR you have some stations in HD but I'm referring to the Big 4 Nets

Down the road from me in Mankato, MN they only have CBS & Fox (subchannel). ABC & NBC are imported from Minneapolis. Mpls locals are in HD here but not in Mankato because DIsh doesnt carry the CBS & Fox in HD.

nel
I've seen the stations on C-Band (except WSEE).,..you might have too...and they're not pretty on there. They are using not alot of bandwidth. I assume Dish uses those feeds

This CBS station is same on Onelink...& the quality on Onelink is so much better. Its in SD though...but its much better. Same applies for NBC, Fox & ABC.