Cricket - Where can I get the most?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mre

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
I have a friend that's a huge cricket fan and he's asked me to advise him on the best route to get the most cricket. I noticed that Dish Network has cricket on PPV regularly, and I assume that Directv has the same (correct me if I'm wrong), but are there any other subscription channels that would give him a lot of cricket? I suspect that since Dish Network has a lot of international channels they might have cricket on them, but which channels would be best?

Basically, which provider should he go with, and what channels should he get to maximize his cricket programming? Thanks for any feedback.

DirecTV CricketTicket is still the best option for the most cricket matches by all international teams. DISH network only will carry all Pakistan HOME matches since that is all they have right for. They have also recently signed a deal to bring England domestic cricket sometime in the future.

Thanks for the feedback. Since making that post I've been reading some old posts and it seems that there's a lot of cricket on one of the Canadian providers as well, so I guess that would be an option, if I can figure out what package he would need.

If he is in the USA, I highly doubt that he can get any package from Canada that will enable him to by-pass the paid cricket packages. I would really like to know if he did succeed but I won't hold my breath.

you know you can watch live cricket in very reasonable price.. dats really awesome.. my frd is watching cricket for just 30 bugs.. all the matches.. and quality is great too.. if you interested.. lemme know. i ll refer you some good links..

DirecTV's Cricket Ticket has rights to international matches hosted by Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, South Africa, and the West Indies. Dish has England and Pakistan-hosted matches. India has been going through court battles over who can bid on the rights and I don't know if that has been settled, yet. Dish has been running the ICC-sponsored tournaments, like the World Cup and the Champions Trophy, but I do not know if that is a long-term exclusive contract.

I have DirecTV's Cricket Ticket and love it. First best-of-three finals match of the VB series tonight, Australia vs. Sri Lanka. Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Roy! Roy! Roy!

Last edited:
And Sri Lanka won a great battle. It is funny, the Under-19 team lost because of fielding lapses and the senior team won because of great fielding and run-outs on the same day. Go Sri Lanka Go!

Looking at CBN's schedule, that might be the best option by far. They seem to have the Canadian rights for a good portion of the cricket out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts