Crisis at ESPN

SamCdbs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 7, 2008
The NBA season has ended. Since baseball requires ACTUAL SPORTS KNOWLEDGE to talk about, PTI, Around the Horn, Mike and Mike, everybody on ESPN Radio, and especially The Sports Reporters have three months to fill.

How will they do SportsCenter? They might have to actually cover sports.

Well, PTI will take about a month off, as per tradition :)

There's still the Open, Wimbledon, etc.

This happens every year and they do fine. There will be the Olympics and stuff like that to report on too.

I don't like the title.

Crisis?

If any network has a crisis, it's MSNBC.

They have to replace Tim Russert on 'Meet The Press.'

That's a real crisis.

This is not a crisis w/ESPN.

Yeah ESPN is fine. Baseball is in full swing, there's the AFL now, NASCAR and racing, golf, Tennis season is up, AND now we have the Olympics. I don't sense there being high tensions down in Bristol.

I am in crisis now because now there's no sports I'm interested in to watch. I need to wait until September before I really get back into any fun sports stuff.

I'm dyin' here!!!...

This has to be the funniest thread I have ever seen either here or back at DBS Forums!!!...:haha

Once again the OP tries to force everyone to realize that his opinion of the NBA is the only one that counts, and either nobody fell for it, or it went over like a lead balloon, and nobody even understood what he was trying to do!!!...:rolleyes:

I had open heart surgery a week ago, and my chest can't take this!!!...:heart

P.S. This was so entertaining...I'm joining the pub!!!...:wave

Last edited:
Once again the OP tries to force everyone to realize that his opinion of the NBA is the only one that counts, and either nobody fell for it, or it went over like a lead balloon

Where's BillDel when you need him?

SamCDBS doesn't know a basketball from a kickball.

This has to be the funniest thread I have ever seen either here or back at DBS Forums!!!...:haha

Once again the OP tries to force everyone to realize that his opinion of the NBA is the only one that counts, and either nobody fell for it, or it went over like a lead balloon, and nobody even understood what he was trying to do!!!...:rolleyes:

I had open heart surgery a week ago, and my chest can't take this!!!...:heart

P.S. This was so entertaining...I'm joining the pub!!!...:wave

Boomer,
:welcome to the site, better late than never :D

Also welcome to the Pub as well.

I hope all went well with your surgery:)

Jimbo

People watch baseball? Baseball requires sports knowledge? guy threw ball, other guy hit it. The end.

You obviously don't like baseball, that's for sure, but others like it. It is my favorite sport, because it isn't all about brute strength all the time. It takes some brain power every once in a while too.

Boomer,
:welcome to the site, better late than never :D

Also welcome to the Pub as well.

I hope all went well with your surgery:)

Jimbo

Thank you for the welcome!!!...I've been hanging around here ever since DBS Forums went down and decided to join the pub as soon as it became obvious that it isn't coming back.
My surgery went fine, it was a redo of a quadruple bypass I had 12 years ago, but I'm off work for 6 to 8 weeks and hopefully the pub and all of SatGuys will help pass the time.

"And now. back to the action, and GO REDS!!!"...:flag:

Thank you for the welcome!!!...I've been hanging around here ever since DBS Forums went down and decided to join the pub as soon as it became obvious that it isn't coming back.
My surgery went fine, it was a redo of a quadruple bypass I had 12 years ago, but I'm off work for 6 to 8 weeks and hopefully the pub and all of SatGuys will help pass the time.

"And now. back to the action, and GO REDS!!!"...:flag:

Yes, Go Reds!!!!!

While I understand Sam's point of view in this thread,

the title is in poor taste.

Crisis?

MSNBC has a REAL crisis- they have to fill in Tim Russert's position on 'Meet The Press' after his tragic death.

To call this a crisis for ESPN in light of what happened to Russert (who, like me, is a Sabres fan) is appalling.

While I understand Sam's point of view in this thread,

the title is in poor taste.

Crisis?

MSNBC has a REAL crisis- they have to fill in Tim Russert's position on 'Meet The Press' after his tragic death.

To call this a crisis for ESPN in light of what happened to Russert (who, like me, is a Sabres fan) is appalling.

This is the second time you used this analogy Sabres. Allow me to correct a minor error though. Tim Russert's 'Meet The Press' is on NBC, not MSNBC. So, it is NBC with the crisis, not MSNBC.

This is the second time you used this analogy Sabres. Allow me to correct a minor error though. Tim Russert's 'Meet The Press' is on NBC, not MSNBC. So, it is NBC with the crisis, not MSNBC.
I think we can all agree that NBC has much bigger troubles than finding a replacement for Russert. Their prime time schedule died a couple of years ago and they have yet to rebuild it.

I think we can all agree that NBC has much bigger troubles than finding a replacement for Russert. Their prime time schedule died a couple of years ago and they have yet to rebuild it.

And it's getting worse, they just re signed Notre Dame for another 5 years ... Yes, the Football team....

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)