Cross Feed tuners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Splitting_Headache

Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
redding, ca
Let me get right to it.

In the livingroom new hd receiver (vip 722) and we kept the old receiver (522) now physically in the bedroom. Figured we maximize our dvr experience.

Here what i would like to do or have been trying to do for 3 days now. Over the same coax (although livingroom is hd and connected) i would like to feed tuner 2 from the 522 to the livingroom tv using one of the channels designated in the settings on the 522 and leaving the HDMI connection alone on the 722 in the livingroom (lets pretend that it is permanately fixed to the tv) now feed tuner 2 FROM 722 to the bedroom tv. Like a swap. exept with different receivers.

I feel like i am in an infinate loop. I managed to get the 722 to display in the bedroom (using channel 73 & 75) and still flip to channel 3 to watch 522's (bedroom dvr) programming and the opposite goes for the living room. But i cant get them to work at the same time. i get the bedroom to work, make adjustments for livingroom and now living room works but not the bedroom. (ie. start on channel 3 on 522 in bedroom and flip to channel 73 to watch what ever is being watched in the livingroom or flip to channel 75 which is tuner 2 on the 722, or watch dvr from the 722) And the same goes for the livingroom tv flip to channel 77 to watch tuner 2 bedroom tv (522) or watch DVR from 522.

Some assist-ti-ounce poor favor. i have triend drawing diagrams, line charts. maybe i am using wrong equip.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or draw me an arrow.

Thank you all.

Why not use both is single mode, save you all the cross wire problems and still have 2 tuners at both TVs. Does the bedromm TV have inputs other than RF, they should be used with the 522

I would like to take advantage of watching dvr programs recorded on the 722 (livingroom) in the bedroom and watching the 522 DVR in the livingroom.

It would probably be helpful if you described how the cable gets from the 722 to the 522. Is it diplexed and backfed along the same cable that brings the sat signal to the 722 or is it a separate cable run.

if u only have the 2 tvs living room / bedroom
u need 4 diplexers 2 by dish / 2 by receivers
u need one small jumper cable from uhf port on diplexer by dish to the other uhf port on the other diplexer
by receivers u need two 2way cable splitters
the line that comes out of uhf on diplexer by receivers u need to split, one cable goes to tv , and other goes to TV2 out
make sure they are far apart on the channels like 73 and 77
if both are close they will interfere

MOE

Thank you both fchall and mkmkmk13. I will certainly try both methods and i will let you know how it goes. thanks for everyone help, these two methods sound like exactly what i need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts