CS4000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Apprentice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Wichita Kansas
I got the cheap Coolsat 4000 but need factory firmware. Anyone have it? This one is loaded with Hacker junk and want to get rid of that and put what is supposed to be on it.

Looks like it get my first leasson in flashing firmware on on of these. Should be pretty easy :rolleyes:

Chuck

loader
coolsat 4000 pro software
coolsat 4000 plus software

There is a difference...dont load the wrong stuff

Attachments

• CoolSat Pro Loader v.2.4.zip
    167.5 KB · Views: 184
  • CS4k Pro Factory.zip
    829.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Coolsat Plus Factory.zip
    684.8 KB · Views: 91
Was just wondering that. SG does not have like a FTP for software or something like that. Would be worth storing different brands of software on a FTP and maybe offering access to it via the PUB or something. I enjoy this site so much I am gong to have to join the PUB soon :)

Would be great to have the factory software at easy access but all is good. I don't mind asking for it just the same.

Chuck

The problem with having an available software archive is that someone would have to vouch for every piece of software on it, e.g. that is factory and not hackware. While I have no problem personally using hackware , if it's superior to the factory firmware, our site policy is strictly no hacking, so we can't take a chance on people uploading suspicious stuff . :)
Generally, If you need firmware , someone can supply it, generally by PM and email , or through Iceberg's extensive library .
I've wished for a factory file library , too, but it would waste a lot of Admin time , and be another point of worry.
:)

excellent point. I have the servers and space to do it but would in no way be able to load each one and make sure it was legal.

Point taken.

Status
Please reply by conversation.