CSN Chicago - Monday's game not in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I'm in the Chicago area ( Des Plaines).

Comcast Sports Net Chicago has been advertising that all Cubs and White Sox games home and away this year will be in HD.

I had time on my hands this afternoon so I called Dish to find out why the on screen program guide ( Channel 429 HD ) does not show Mondays' White Sox at Cleveland game.

The csr I spoke with sounded knowledgeable and she understood my question. She consulted her supervisor and came back on the line with the answer the game is not in HD.

I was shocked. I thought the problem was with the on screen program guide. Apparently, even though Comcast Sports Net Chicago is producing all Cubs and White Sox games home and away in HD; Dish is only showing the home games in HD.

Dish has Comcast Sports Net Chicago in HD. If Comcast makes the game available in HD why would Dish choose not to show it in HD?

I really hope the CSR was wrong and Mondays' White game is in HD and all the baseball games on CSN will be in HD. If they are not I will be leaving Dish; maybe,even before the end of my contract.

I would wait until monday and see. Back in January the guide said the royal rumble was not available in HD, but it turned out it was available. so im just assuming the guide is wrong. GO SOX

I would wait until monday and see. Back in January the guide said the royal rumble was not available in HD, but it turned out it was available. so im just assuming the guide is wrong. GO SOX

Your right. I have to wait till Monday to find out if the game is in HD. What else can I do?

As of now I can make an argument either way.

The game will not be in HD. The on screen guide does not show it being in HD. The csr's supervisor said the game is not in HD.

The game will be in HD. CSN Chicago told me they anticipate Dish will show all their games in HD. Why would Dish's CSN Chicago HD channel not show a CSN Chicago HD live baseball broadcast?

This is my last post on this subject.

Houston is playing the Cubs in Chicago April 4. It is a Comcast SportsNet Chicago game. The on screen guide does not show it is being shown in HD.

Dish not showing road games on CSN HD. Maybe. But, not showing a Cubs home game in HD on the CSN HD channel!!. I don't think so. My guess is the program guide is all screwed up and if CSN has a live game in HD - Dish will show it in HD on the CSN HD channel.

Can someone let me know if the Sox game is on HD today. I was wondering the same thing and Im not able to be at home to see if it is on. But I will be very disapointed if the Away games are not in HD. Thanks

The White Sox game is in high definition for those with Comcast Cable and Directv. Those of us with Dish Network the game is not HD. CSN Chicago is providing a high definition feed of the game . Dish in their wisdom has elected not to show the game on their CSN Chicago high definition channel.

Yea, it looks like a 480p 16:9, but CSN Chicago does have the HD bug on the screen. Hope that's not how the rest of their games will look this year.

I want to know their reasoning for not carrying todays game, and im guessing the rest of the away games in HD is.

espn is broadcasting cubs and brewers (in rain delay still) which is probably why comcast sports net chicago is broading the sox in hd. directv mlb extra innings does have the fsn wisconsin hd feed.

ETA: yes, all of the sox-cubs games are in hd this season. but many of those games will be broadcast on wgn-hd. they all aren't on comcast sports net chicago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)