CSNMA now CSN Washington

howie14

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Eldersburg MD
Comcast SportsNet MidAtlantic has rebranded itself with a new website and logo calling it CSN WASHINGTON.

Since the service no longer has the Orioles and barely covers them or the Baltimore Ravens, the name is actually more accurate. After the loss of the Orioles, the service made a conscious decision to market itself as a DC and not a regional sportsnet.

I wonder how long it will be before the name changes on my DISH guide?

Since the service no longer has the Orioles and barely covers them or the Baltimore Ravens, the name is actually more accurate. After the loss of the Orioles, the service made a conscious decision to market itself as a DC and not a regional sportsnet.

This week marked the return of Training Camp Daily, where they give equal coverage of the Ravens and the Skins.

Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic has not rebranded - the change only applies to the network's url.

That's interesting. If it's only a change of url-or an alternative url-why does the webpage itself say "CSN Washington"? The list of CSNs at the bottom of the page shows:

Bay Area
California
Chicago
CSS
New England
New York
Northwest
Philadephia
The Mtn.
Washington

Not a Mid-Atlantic to be seen. This (url vs. actual rebranding) seems to be a distinction without a difference.

I think that the distinction that is being made is between the website and the actual channel. i am not sure that the other poster is correct but t hat is what he is alleging

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)