Need advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bajaboy

Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
A friend of mine who lives in Phoenix went with Dish network about 6 months ago. He is originally from New York. In order to get the new York Networks he gave Dish a fake NY address. I guess Dish is doing some kind of address check and they want him to send a copy of the electric or water bill. He cant do that so he asked me what should he tell them. Does anybody know if anything will happen to him if he just tells them he gave them a fake address to get NY networks?

he didn't know about AAD and now Dish turned off all of his receivers until he can prove his address in NY. He just doesn't know whether he will get in trouble for giving them a fake address in the first place.

Did he do anything to make Dish think he wasn't where he said he was? Because quite a few people give them a false address, and I've never heard anybody complaining about it not working as long as they haven't done anything stupid. It would be nice to know if this is changing.

I know lots of people who have done this. I live in Mexico and tons of people here have done the same thing. I guess Dish is checking addresses around the US because I have heard this is happing to many people. My friend is just nervous that he may get penelized or something if he tells the truth. I dont think they would shut him down but who knows. That is why I am checking if anybody knows what they will do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts