3 Months free of Showtime and HBO

Tecmo SB Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
You guys see the new offer on the website (since the HBO/Starz one expired today)?

3 months free of Showtime and HBO.

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

So I have a question. My 3 free months of Starz and HBO expires next Wednesday, May 20.

Am I ineligible for this Showtime/HBO offer because I already just recently did the Starz/HBO offer? I mean can I go back-to-back with these offers?

You guys see the new offer on the website (since the HBO/Starz one expired today)?

3 months free of Showtime and HBO.

So I have a question. My 3 free months of Starz and HBO expires next Wednesday, May 20.

Am I ineligible for this Showtime/HBO offer because I already just recently did the Starz/HBO offer? I mean can I go back-to-back with these offers?

My 3 months free was up a few weeks ago and I called to cancel before they started charging me and the rep on the phone gave me the new promo for another 3 months HBO/STARZ so they did this for me.

I had the free HBO/Starz. I cancelled before it expired.....I just did an online chat and they told me I'm not eligible for the new Promo. Damn. I'll have to pay to watch Weeds.

my bill has always showed the "ala carte: hbo/sho free 3 months" but we never received the channels. it didn't bother me much, but I got on an online chat today and the rep instantly added them on the 3 month promo and apologized that we were never receiveing them to begin with.

i hope he didn't do something sneaky and sign us into a commitment without me knowing. i c/p-ed the session just to be on the safe side.

i say give it another shot. they need to keep as many customers as they can.

I had the free HBO/Starz. I cancelled before it expired.....I just did an online chat and they told me I'm not eligible for the new Promo. Damn. I'll have to pay to watch Weeds.

Tried again today with an online chat and they added it for me within seconds. :)

When I logon to my Dishnetwork account it says no current programming offers. Is that offer just for the Turbo pack subscribers? "John"

When I logon to my Dishnetwork account it says no current programming offers. Is that offer just for the Turbo pack subscribers? "John"
I'm in a classic pack. It wasn't listed on my account under programming offers, but an online chat yielded the result.

I set the HBO/Starz to auto cancel. It did, but I was charged for it on my bill going out 5/15. Online chat said it would be credited on NEXT months bill... grrrrr !!!

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
You have been connected to (03) CS.
(03) CS: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) CS: Thank you for your patience.
(03) CS: I will be glad to help you with this.
(03) CS: For account security purposes, can I please verify the full name and address with zip code that is on the account?
(03) CS: Thank you.
(03) CS: I see that today was the last day for this trail period and these packages have been removed automatically. As there is a charge for this on your bill, you will be given the credit in your next month's bill.
(03) CS: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
ME: So I will be charged $96.98 on 5/18, and have to pay that in full then on my 6/18/ bill I will be charged $74.97 - $22.01 = $52.96 then back to $74.97 in July?
(03) CS: That's correct.
ME: That makes no sense since I cancelled before the date, why would I still be charged.
(03) CS: You will see $22 credits on your next month's statement.
(03) CS: Anything else I can help you with today?
(03) CS: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
ME: You answered my questions, but the answers were not to my satisfaction.
(03) CS: I'm glad we were able to take care of you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day!
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

You should read it closer. It also says "OR Valid Email Address"

I don't have HD. Under My Programming Offers, it says:

-------------------------------------------
You are eligible to participate in the HBO/Showtime Free for Three Months promotion!
Experience the greatest in premium movies and original programming with 18 channels from HBO & Showtime.
Simply sign up for AutoPay and Paperless Billing to start enjoying the best in DISH Network entertainment!

I agree to sign up for AutoPay (or continue my existing AutoPay program)
I agree to sign up for Paperless Billing (or continue my existing Paperless Billing)

Click AGREE to process your free programming.To pass on this offer click DISAGREE.
-------------------------------------------

But when you click the link to Learn More from their ad, it says:

Existing DISH Network customers: requires qualifying programming package, including a minimum of Classic Bronze 100, TurboHD Bronze, DishLATINO Clásico or a select International programming package. You must either sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing or provide a valid email address

I guess I'll have to make a phone call to get it right.

Just curious, chuck. Did you also participate in the 3 months free HBO/Starz promotion that just finished?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts