3 Months free of Showtime and HBO

Just curious, chuck. Did you also participate in the 3 months free HBO/Starz promotion that just finished?

No, I didn't.......I looked to see what Starz would offer and it just didn't appeal to me.

Showtime and HBO would be better IMO with all the original programming they offer between the 2 of them. Mrs. chuckster_dude is an Entourage fan via Netflix so I might order it just before the new season starts in July.

The Dishnetwork says that I can't get the free HBo=Showtime offer because some of the programming is off of the 61.5 satellite. I am on western arc 110, 119, 129. They say they can't add the package unless I can receive it all. I initially tried the chat option and the csr said "no problem sahib, we can do that for you". After it didn't get done I called 1-800-Dishnetwork and actually got an American in Ohio. After looking at various options they are going to install a 100.4 dish at no charge. That way I will get my HD locals also. I still find it hard to believe that the premium channels are not available (entirely) off of 110, 119, 129. "John"

i cancelled my hbo/starz free 3 months today since it ends in like a week and they told me to wait 1-2 days to clear the account so the hbo/showtime offer can be added.

i cancelled my hbo/starz free 3 months today since it ends in like a week and they told me to wait 1-2 days to clear the account so the hbo/showtime offer can be added.
Exactly what I did, though I did so through the website. It allowed me to uncheck Platinum HD and HBO and Starz, and it showed me my new programming and new monthly bill which appear to be correct. Now I am waiting for my account to update as well.

So I'm a good customer, don't even bitch too much that Fisher ABC isn't
available.....so just finished watching Weeds (Season 1,2,3) on Netflix,
and want to pick up Season 4 on Showtime. What's my best deal,
since I already have HBO? I'd like something....or maybe I should go
to DirectTV?

The Dishnetwork says that I can't get the free HBo=Showtime offer because some of the programming is off of the 61.5 satellite. I am on western arc 110, 119, 129. They say they can't add the package unless I can receive it all. I initially tried the chat option and the csr said "no problem sahib, we can do that for you". After it didn't get done I called 1-800-Dishnetwork and actually got an American in Ohio. After looking at various options they are going to install a 100.4 dish at no charge. That way I will get my HD locals also. I still find it hard to believe that the premium channels are not available (entirely) off of 110, 119, 129. "John"
Oh bs. 129 is a mirror of 61.5. They both offer identical programming.

I sub to AEP and Gold and Platinum HD and did so with WA. Your HD premiums are on 129 and EA HD premiums are on 61.5. If you're getting a 1000.4 dish, you're being switched to EA. That's because your HD locals are on 61.5.

I sub to Absolute HD and they don't offer the 3 month free preview to me. I asked 2 CSR's via chat and was told (basically):

1st) NO! (And he ended the chat)
2nd) No, but you can have HBO for 1 month and that's it.

I agreed on the 2nd chat (different CSR). Apparently my package is considered lower than Bronze even though I don't pay less nor do I get less channels. Oh well - just wanted to let you know.

Showtime stinks. They only get limited studio movies when HBO/Starz took most of the good ones.

So I'm a good customer, don't even bitch too much that Fisher ABC isn't
available.....so just finished watching Weeds (Season 1,2,3) on Netflix,
and want to pick up Season 4 on Showtime. What's my best deal,
since I already have HBO? I'd like something....or maybe I should go
to DirectTV?

:confused::confused::confused:

You're in a thread that is telling you about FREE HBO & Showtime for 3 months? And you want to go to Direct??? What exactly is it that you don't understand?????

Showtime stinks. They only get limited studio movies when HBO/Starz took most of the good ones.

No it doesn't..... Tudors, Dexter, Californication, Weeds, Secret Diary of a Callgirl, Tara, and many more original series.....PLUS they do get some movies that premiere before HBO/Starz.

Besides that, it's FREE!! sheesh....

The online CSR said no since I already had the HBO/Starz promo. I then asked nicely if there was anyway around that since I have been a good customer for such a long time. He went away for 5 minutes coming back every minute and thanking me for waiting to ask his supervisor. He then messaged me back saying since you are such a long time and wonderful ( he actually used the word wonderful ) customer they are going to let me have it anyway. 15 minutes later they showed in my guide.

Moral of the story you catch more flies with honey then vinegar. If you are nice, polite and persistent most of the time you will get your way.

The online CSR said no since I already had the HBO/Starz promo. I then asked nicely if there was anyway around that since I have been a good customer for such a long time. He went away for 5 minutes coming back every minute and thanking me for waiting to ask his supervisor. He then messaged me back saying since you are such a long time and wonderful ( he actually used the word wonderful ) customer they are going to let me have it anyway. 15 minutes later they showed in my guide.

Moral of the story you catch more flies with honey then vinegar. If you are nice, polite and persistent most of the time you will get your way.
I agree. I went out of my way to be nice and the 2nd time I got 1/6 of the offer. Better than nothing. I still don't see how I don't qualify, but I'm not going to cry.

I called last night...3 times. First time I called the csr said I did qualify and said she would update my account. Was put on hold then got knocked off. Called back and told the NEXT csr what happened and she said she would take care of it. She said the same, you do qualify all we need to do is update your email. She said they would appear in my guide in 30 min. (that right there made me suspicious). 45 minutes later I called back and they said I DID NOT qualify!! (I participated in the HBO/Starz promo) I am not pissed because I did not get it. I just wish I had that wasted hour back from my life.

Same ole Dish. Everyone is not on the same page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts