3 Months free of Showtime and HBO

I know the CSR's are hit and miss, but the wording on the web-site says it is open to existing subs if you provide your email address (and something about being Bronze HD or higher, etc). So if you call back and get a worth-while CSR, and tell them how the web-page words the promotion, maybe you'll get it instead of being turned down. I find it bad practice to offer this promotion and then tell people they can't get it when the wording on the site says they CAN get it.

I'm confused by all this. Seems like everyone is doing an online chat or calling to get this promo. Do you all not have the option to enable this promo online in your account? I just have to click on the "agree" button it appears to get the promo, and I just came out of the HBO/Starz promo a few weeks back (ended up paying for about 2-3 days of it). Am I missing something?

i just have not enabled the new promo yet as I was waiting to do it at the end of the month.

I sub to Absolute HD and they don't offer the 3 month free preview to me. I asked 2 CSR's via chat and was told (basically):

1st) NO! (And he ended the chat)
2nd) No, but you can have HBO for 1 month and that's it.

I agreed on the 2nd chat (different CSR). Apparently my package is considered lower than Bronze even though I don't pay less nor do I get less channels. Oh well - just wanted to let you know.

I have Absolute as well, and got the promo.

I called in to cancel my HBO/Starz promo, and she said OK.

I then thought I'd take the risk and ask at the same time, if I could get the HBO/Showtime promo and she said sure, let me take care of that for you. This happened last night, so it hasn't shown up in online billing yet. I will be checking though! :)

I'm confused by all this. Seems like everyone is doing an online chat or calling to get this promo. Do you all not have the option to enable this promo online in your account? I just have to click on the "agree" button it appears to get the promo, and I just came out of the HBO/Starz promo a few weeks back (ended up paying for about 2-3 days of it). Am I missing something?

i just have not enabled the new promo yet as I was waiting to do it at the end of the month.

I didn't have that option for either of the premium promos. I had to call.

I have tried 3 times now with the same response No!! Now I am on a mission and I will try everyday until I get it. They will tire of me sooner or later.

I have Absolute as well, and got the promo.

I called in to cancel my HBO/Starz promo, and she said OK.

I then thought I'd take the risk and ask at the same time, if I could get the HBO/Showtime promo and she said sure, let me take care of that for you. This happened last night, so it hasn't shown up in online billing yet. I will be checking though! :)
We're in the same boat, but you are sitting in the sun and I'm stuffed into the cargo hold! Thanks for the news. I'll try again (as I mentioned at first in this thread).

It's obviously the CSR that you happen to get. I did the online chat late at night. That first guy was a real a-hole. He basically told me at the end (even when I was being friendly) "I'll explain it to you." Then the next thing I know he ended the chat. Nice explanation jerk.

Glad you got the promo. Who did you get - maybe we can all call that person... :)

Well, I got shot down by Betty; here is her reasoning:

(03) Betty S: We do have the promotion for HBO and Showtime free for 3 months, however that promotion is not available in your account.
(03) Betty S: You already have HBO on the account that is the reason this promotion is not available right now.
(03) Betty S: In order to provide the promotion deal , you should not have movie package on the account for minimum 6 months to get enrolled under the promotion deal.

Well, I got shot down by Betty; here is her reasoning:

(03) Betty S: We do have the promotion for HBO and Showtime free for 3 months, however that promotion is not available in your account.
(03) Betty S: You already have HBO on the account that is the reason this promotion is not available right now.
(03) Betty S: In order to provide the promotion deal , you should not have movie package on the account for minimum 6 months to get enrolled under the promotion deal.

Well Betty S is full of B.S:D....I just called and got it and i already had HBO, I just dont have to pay for it for the next 3 months. Keep trying......

3rd time worked for me online, didnt even ask me for my e-mail address, i just said i've been with Dish for a long time. it's all in the wording.

Yaz96,
Don't really want to switch to DirectTV.... the worse thing in the world is to be
an existing customer, we get squat. With the Dish/Fisher/ABC dispute I haven't
seen an ABC program for 6 months, and Dish/ABC/Fisher/FCC doesn't care
(free tv? what's that).

Since I spend $100/month, that means I'm probably worth $8K or more in
Dish stock value. Seems they'd like to make me happy, rather then take me for granted.

No Go for me to

I went online chat today to see If I was able to get HBO/Showtime Offer,.First off CSR wasnt even aware of HBO/Showtime offer only the HBO/Starz offer.I told her there is a new deal being offerred.She said I wasnt eligible because I had the previous offer of HBO/Starz (I cancelled that a month early to avoid charges on 3.4/09).My point is the new offer isnt even the same one I was in last.The person I chatted with was "Rose M' ,in case you get her(I realize this problably isnt even her real name) this CSR is very uninformed and wouldnt even try .I will keep trying,not because I want the offer ,for me its because they are refusing and that makes me determined to get the offer.Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)