CSR issues..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok I do take exception when you generalize CSR reps as being stupid. I live in Oklahoma, this is the call center capital of the world. So these days if your not in a job that requires manual labor chances are your working in a call center. Call centers are cheap to operate and Oklahoma gives companies great tax breaks to bring there call center here. I have friends that work in call centers that have BA in computer science. Some friends have Business Degrees. I have been programing computer since I was 9 years old and got my first computer (TI994A) and have a degree in Programming. I can still program in DOS. I build web pages, I troubleshoot networks etc. My IQ is in the 140's. So here in Oklahoma people are CSR's not because they can't get other jobs, its because its the only jobs available. It's sad that you think you know somebodies intellect by what kind of job they do or because they gives you answers you dont want to hear. So to me that says a lot about your education and intellegence
I've not had any issue with any CSRs at Directv. And most have really tried to be helpful and understanding and never have I talked down to them. I have found them to be like you bright and caring.

I suspect most issues are the callers skill or lack of in negotiations - and in respecting the person on the other end of the phone.

First off, O.J. is innocent. Of all charges. Always. He was/is/will be framed.

I beg anyone here to say they have called D and not be disconnected while being tranferred, or have had hold times longer then 15 minutes. You think the disconnect is an accident?
We have all had the direct line to CS with no holds, or the retention number. I have had my share of "sweet deals" over my tenure with them. Point is nobody should have to fight and argue or call to get compensated when all most of us want is only what we pay for. As far as the memo, if they got it wrong the first time, woul you like them to try to nail down a date again and risk the possibility of another unforeseen issue?

I wouldn't like them posting dates, stating dates, etc. They should even shut down the HD commercial spots they boast about each and every day. Boast when you actually have something to boast about. That way, nobody is going to be upset when you don't deliver.

First off, O.J. is innocent. Of all charges. Always. He was/is/will be framed.
As far as the memo, if they got it wrong the first time, woul you like them to try to nail down a date again and risk the possibility of another unforeseen issue?

Here what I would like to see in a memo.

Dear Valued Customer,

Directv has been working diligently to provide you with the best available HP content. We have developed a project plan that consists of thousands of complicated individual tasks in order to accomplish this. Our project timelines indicate that with a normal amount of delays encountered along the way we will be providing this new content on or about Month. Day. Year. We look forward to providing this next step in HD evolution and will provide timely status updates as to our progress and any major delays we encounter...
Thank you for your patience and subscribing to Directv

Last edited:
Having been with D* since '94 I've seen it all with CSRs, but I will have to say that through the years they have gotten worse, most noticeably in the past year or so. Several months ago I got called the next thing to a liar by a first line rep. I didn't get upset till that happened. Then I got retention and they looked at the call record. People got apologetic in a hurry. I'm sure that this isn't the norm as it never has been with me, but to argue with me about what was on my screen was more than just stupidity.

Ok I do take exception when you generalize CSR reps as being stupid. I live in Oklahoma, this is the call center capital of the world. So these days if your not in a job that requires manual labor chances are your working in a call center. Call centers are cheap to operate and Oklahoma gives companies great tax breaks to bring there call center here. I have friends that work in call centers that have BA in computer science. Some friends have Business Degrees. I have been programing computer since I was 9 years old and got my first computer (TI994A) and have a degree in Programming. I can still program in DOS. I build web pages, I troubleshoot networks etc. My IQ is in the 140's. So here in Oklahoma people are CSR's not because they can't get other jobs, its because its the only jobs available. It's sad that you think you know somebodies intellect by what kind of job they do or because they gives you answers you dont want to hear. So to me that says a lot about your education and intellegence

+11. I just moved from Oklahoma myself (BOOMER SOONER!)

Before I retired, I worked at an outsourcing company on the Directv account. I worked on many different teams, tech, retention, etc. and in all those years, a lot of info has been stored away in my brain. In the beginning, the equip was very basic and simple, but as you all are aware, it's much different now. During the last few years of my employment, they began to hire a lot of very young new people, many of whom were just marking time until something better came along, many who didn't have even a basic vocabulary or the ability to communicate with people, and because of this, were were instructed to follow scripts written on our computer screens. Sometimes those scripts were hard to fit into the conversation with the customer. and sometimes we who had been there for many years knew of other better ways to solve the customers problem, but if we deviated from the script, we would be marked down, and after three mistakes in an alotted time, we could be terminated. We were also expected to keep the call as short as possible, which made it very difficult when helping an elderly person who is not so tech savvy, they were my favorites, because I found that if you show them one little trick, they are forever your friend and I always felt like I had made their day better in some way. I loved doing tech support, but I was glad to retire when I did, because I was beginning to feel more and more robotic as time went by, and the fun was sadly going out of the job.

Have any of you considered that D* had full intention of launching on the 19th but ran into last min. technical issues? This is probably why they don't like to announce dates until all is working.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts