Directv R15 DVR for sale?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Speck's Dad

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Richmond, VA
I always thought you couldn't buy these things, but I saw R15 DVRs at Best Buy's ebay outlet store? Will D* activate one of these things if I buy it from BBY? The fine print says it's not necessary to subscribe to D* in order to buy the DVR, but that the DVR is useless w/o D* service. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. These forums are brilliant.

I always thought you couldn't buy these things, but I saw R15 DVRs at Best Buy's ebay outlet store? Will D* activate one of these things if I buy it from BBY? The fine print says it's not necessary to subscribe to D* in order to buy the DVR, but that the DVR is useless w/o D* service. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. These forums are brilliant.

The price BB charges is a "lease" purchase meaning you still are"leasing" the R15.So when you leave D* the R15 returns to D*.;):welcome

P.S. If you are a D* customer and want to upgrade to the R15 for free go to directv's website, log in, go to upgrade equipment,enter the code"dvr4u2".Fill out all the questions,if it clears then your R15 plus installation should be free.This is also a"lease" that comes with a 24 month commitment.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)