CSR refuses to look up Contract Information.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Today i went to Online Chat to try and find out how much longer I am under contract with Dish.(I lost the paperwork)mostly the reason I need to know is we have new landlords at my apartment complex and as of the day they took over they dont want people putting up Dishes but will allow people to finish out contracts.This could be a bad thing for some people but The Landlord has an offer from a cable company that if he is able to get at least half of his 50 apartment units to sign up for cable service everyone will be given a 30 % discount on cable rates.This rate will stay in effect for each tenant as long as they stay at the appointed address and keep a minumum package which is 58.00 minus 30%.does anyone think this is a good deal?
Anyway back to original question,do CSRs not have this information about contract,or did I just get a jerk CSR ?

You got a bad CSR who probably didn't know how to look up the information...

Time to play our favorite gameshow known as "CSR Roulette" ;)

This ought to be made accessible to users looking up their accounts online.

Keep in mind that the cable company may give a 30% discount but it will have many other hidden fees. Oh and also they will have at least 2 price increases each year.
The minimum package may also not include HD and you may need to pay extra for that.

plus it is against the law for a landlord to tell you u can not have dish as ur tv provider. He might be getting a kick back.

plus it is against the law for a landlord to tell you u can not have dish as ur tv provider. He might be getting a kick back.

It's not illegal, but they can limit where you can put a dish. If it's a rental building that looks like an uplink center in the roof, the landlord could restrict where they can put them.
Call up and add 3 months free of HBO & Showtime, and Dish will give that to you if you sign up for a new contract.
Or do an upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract. If he's letting you keep it until your contract expires, just keep signing a new contract :D

I thought with the "Satellite Home Viewers Act" that landlords can't stop you from putting up a dish or has something changed over the years that I missed?

I could be evicted?

I thought with the "Satellite Home Viewers Act" that landlords can't stop you from putting up a dish or has something changed over the years that I missed?

True the Satellite Act may be in place but I dont want to get on wrong side of Property owners,because if I insist of keeping up Dish ,they would problably try and find some other reason to evict me.i like my Apartment and the area in which I live,so its really a choice of abiding by new Rules of owner or searching for a new place.

Not that easy.

It's not illegal, but they can limit where you can put a dish. If it's a rental building that looks like an uplink center in the roof, the landlord could restrict where they can put them.
Call up and add 3 months free of HBO & Showtime, and Dish will give that to you if you sign up for a new contract.
Or do an upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract. If he's letting you keep it until your contract expires, just keep signing a new contract :D

When my Dish was originally installed a copy of contract was given to old Landlord(he found it today).The Landlord was here during install as he wanted Dishes to be put up on a type of arm Bracket and wanted to over see project.He basically lied to me as to why he wanted a copy of my Contract/install paperwork,but since he was paying to have the special arm attached I went ahead and gave him copy.He brought it over today and my Contract is up in May and New Landlords already know this,so if I signed a new Contract with Dish they would know this.I like where I live and cant afford to move over something like this,yes my landlord is getting a Kickback from cable company and told us today if we sign up with cable on top of 30 % discount ,Landlord will give us 15.00 a month off rent so if I apply that to cable bill ,its a good deal.I heard The ON Demand feature with cable has Dish beat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)