CST

sbturner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Georgia
I live in Georgia and get the Sports pack along with America's Everything Pack and cannot get channel 421 which is CST out of New Orleans. This is a RSN but with the sports pack I should receive it right? I don't mean it is blacked out it is not in my guide. Dish is now saying that it only available around Louisiana. Does anyone receive this anywhere else?

I believe they are only allowed to offer it within 350 miles of the new orleans market or at least they can only offer it to certain cable systems within the new orleans market,within so many miles.

from thier site :

What is the Cox Sports Television coverage area?

Cox Sports Television’s coverage area reaches a 350-mile radius from New Orleans, LA and includes Louisiana, southern Mississippi, western Alabama, and the Florida panhandle. Our coverage is also available in parts of eastern Texas and southern Arkansas. However, CST coverage cannot extend into markets within a 75-mile radius of Houston and Memphis.

Last edited:
it's on a spot beam directed over the southern part of Louisiana . i hate during basketball and baseball season and Arkansas plays LSU. i don't get to watch it.

E10_SB12.jpg

The HD channel is CONUS. I'm 'living' in the Shreveport DMA and have the sports pack. It's also on cable in the Shreveport DMA including Shreveport/Bossier and Natchitoches. I was wondering the same thing. It's listed in the sports pack on Dish's website. I expect Hornets games to be blacked out but thought I would get CST HD otherwise.

The HD channel is CONUS. I'm 'living' in the Shreveport DMA and have the sports pack. It's also on cable in the Shreveport DMA including Shreveport/Bossier and Natchitoches. I was wondering the same thing. It's listed in the sports pack on Dish's website. I expect Hornets games to be blacked out but thought I would get CST HD otherwise.

Local HD Channels & Satellite TV - DISH Network
This site should tell you what RSNs are available from Dish.
It is true about cable having CST in those locations, though.

Local HD Channels & Satellite TV - DISH Network
This site should tell you what RSNs are available from Dish.
It is true about cable having CST in those locations, though.

I'm familiar with the local tool where it would normally show FSN Southwest but if you look at the channel listing for the multi-sport package, it includes 421-CSTNO AND if you go to the Game Finder - DISH Network and use the zip of 71111 (Bossier City), it shows CSTNO in the list of available games.

That's very confusing to customers because that's the only RSN that I know of that is listed in their guides, yet not available to everyone who has the Multi-Sport Pack. It's listed with all the other RSNs so it's almost false advertising since you can't get it anywhere but in that local area, even with multi-sport. A new customer looking over the channel lists would assume that this channel is available with the multi-sport pack. The whole point of the multi-sport pack is that you are getting RSNs that are out of market. Why is this channel so different than all the other RSNs?

I used to get the multi sports pack back from Feb 09 until Feb 10. I never called and asked, but from what I gathered, just as someone else said, it was always a spotbeam issue. I wouldn't believe that they would put the others on spotbeams, because the RSNs are the majority of the Multi-sports pack. I enjoyed having them, but decided with the Feb rates went up, that I wanted HD Plat package, so I dumped it. I guess that I got out in time, because other than the red zone channel, I watched MSG for their Rangers coverage (in replay). I'm a huge Bruins fan, but I grew up with relatives from NYC who loved the Rangers.

Reactions: Yespage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)