CSTV To Be Renamed CBS College Sports Network

mccoyrj

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Think D* might include this in any of their packages without us having to pay extra? :) Say like ESPN?

jwfgeol

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Wonder if this channel will ever be in HD?

Edit: I should say, I wonder if they will show mainly HD content.

BFG

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
it's just a name change

D* already carries the SD and HD channel

mccoyrj

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
it's just a name change

D* already carries the SD and HD channel

I understand that D* carries CSTV already. What I meant to say was will CBS purchasing CSTV give the channel the clout to have it as part of the Choice Extra packages like ESPN is?

Ramy

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I understand that D* carries CSTV already. What I meant to say was will CBS purchasing CSTV give the channel the clout to have it as part of the Choice Extra packages like ESPN is?

It is, You don't have to buy the sports pack to get this channel. It has been like that for about 6 or 8 months.

mccoyrj

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
It is, You don't have to buy the sports pack to get this channel. It has been like that for about 6 or 8 months.

Really? I have the Choice + HD DVR package and I don't get CSTV (I get the 721 message when I tune to it). Looking on the D* website, it seems to only come with either the Sport Pack or Premier. :confused:

Ramy

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Strange, I don't have the Sports pack or Premier. I do have Total Choice plus which is one of the old plans and it has it. Channel 611 I think isnt it?

mccoyrj

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Strange, I don't have the Sports pack or Premier. I do have Total Choice plus which is one of the old plans and it has it. Channel 611 I think isnt it?

I did have Total Choice +, but I don't remember if it was on there are not. It shows to be on 610 with what I have now.

Ramy

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
610. Ok, I couldn't remember right off hand without looking.

Maybe you should call them and see what's up with that.

Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003

They bought it some time ago. they a re simply renaming it now.

LhasaApso

LhasaApso

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 4, 2007
Effect On The Mtn

With the renaming and reorganizing of CSTV under the CBS College Sports Network banner, what, if any, effect could this have on negotiations to have the Mountain West Conference's sports network (which CSTV co-owns with Comcast) on DirecTV and/or Dish Network?

LhasaApso

LhasaApso

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 4, 2007
Here's more evidence on the forthcoming renaming of CSTV.

You can find it in Monday's USA Today column by Michael Hiestand.

LhasaApso

LhasaApso

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 4, 2007
New Graphics

Perhaps with the name change and relaunching of CSTV as CBS College Sports Network, they made changes with the bottom-of-the-screen ticker. I started noticing it a couple of nights ago as I was watching the Memphis Tigers' beatdown of Tulane.