CTV Leaving Satellite ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi all,

Several other satellite sites are reporting that CTV, MAY be leaving C Band for good in favor of streaming.
Only CTV Atlantic and Vancouver remain on 119W. Its well known that CTV’s parent company (Bell Media) is facing financial difficulties.
I’ve missed it since it moved from AnikF1. 119W is buried in the trees for me, for the most part, although I can get the Canadian Weather feeds at 9 dB.

John

Hi all,

Several other satellite sites are reporting that CTV, MAY be leaving C Band for good in favor of streaming.
Only CTV Atlantic and Vancouver remain on 119W. Its well known that CTV’s parent company (Bell Media) is facing financial difficulties.
I’ve missed it since it moved from AnikF1. 119W is buried in the trees for me, for the most part, although I can get the Canadian Weather feeds at 9 dB.

John
I've already noticed this. Too bad. If I need to replace my dishes due to storms then I'll probably be "done" with satellite.

I finally got off my duff and scanned 119 last weekend. The weather network stuff was there, as are a couple of 'bars and tones' channels, but NO CTV/CTV2 signals at all. Are they officially gone or did I miss something?

Interestingly, I still get the Nunavit government static screen channel place-holder on Anik F1 at 107W. I thought the bird was decommissioned? Why is ONE channel left active? Most odd.

Reactions: c-spand
I've already noticed this. Too bad. If I need to replace my dishes due to storms then I'll probably be "done" with satellite.
I bought my NQS 8.5 foot Dish in 85 and updated everything through the years. I am getting rid of it as I stream nearly everything these days. There are also alternative ways to get Canadian TV from the states. I have found I do not miss the dish. I have two Roku's, three Fire Sticks and a Chromecast. Most everything is now available either OTA or a stream. Plus no more issues in the stormy Winter months to try and keep the BUD working. Was a constant chore for years.

Reactions: c-spand
I bought my NQS 8.5 foot Dish in 85 and updated everything through the years. I am getting rid of it as I stream nearly everything these days. There are also alternative ways to get Canadian TV from the states. I have found I do not miss the dish. I have two Roku's, three Fire Sticks and a Chromecast. Most everything is now available either OTA or a stream. Plus no more issues in the stormy Winter months to try and keep the BUD working. Was a constant chore for years.

Hopefully you aren't scrapping it and will offer the dish to another member for use. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts