Cubs in HD?

I remember the good ol' days when I would just turn on WGN if I wanted to watch the Cubs. Now I have to check out 6 different stations to see who's carrying it. Add the ALT channels into the mix and it's a mess.

OTA might be the way to go. I'm about 35 miles from downtown Chicago, as the crow flies. I should be able to get that signal.

The fact that I can't watch in HD one of the most popular baseball teams in my own RSN is simply poor management.

Last edited:
Right now they're on 429 but the sound is seriously out of sync. It's bad enough the Cubs can't win, but now I have to get a headache watching the game.

It's not my day.....

I get broadband from AT&T DSL. After Comcast raised my rates again last year (for enhanced basic), I got rid of everything Comcast. Looks like OTA is my only hope at this point.

I'll try the CEO email and see what they say. I don't have high hopes for that one.

Right now they're on 429 but the sound is seriously out of sync. It's bad enough the Cubs can't win, but now I have to get a headache watching the game.

It's not my day.....

I get broadband from AT&T DSL. After Comcast raised my rates again last year (for enhanced basic), I got rid of everything Comcast. Looks like OTA is my only hope at this point.

I'll try the CEO email and see what they say. I don't have high hopes for that one.

Yeah sound seems to be ALWAYS out of sync with CSN429; but since most of the time you don't see the faces of the commentators, it is less of an annoyance than it would be. I notice it with Cubs games and with Bulls games.

I'm watching it on 429HD today.

Nothing like hearing the ball hit the bat and then seeing it happen a half-second later....

I'm watching it on 429HD today.

Nothing like hearing the ball hit the bat and then seeing it happen a half-second later....

Not seeing any audio/video sync issue on CSN-Chicago via DirecTV, just mention it incase you want to contact E* about it.

Thanks Rad. I've contacted them about audio sync problems in the past. They weren't very helpful. I see in these forums that many people have this problem, especially on channel 429, so it's probably something I just need to live with.

Thanks Rad. I've contacted them about audio sync problems in the past. They weren't very helpful. I see in these forums that many people have this problem, especially on channel 429, so it's probably something I just need to live with.

Considering that the cubs bats were more out of sync than the a/v, I don't consider myself having missed much. They better start hitting the ball...

There is a bigger fan base for the Cubs. Sorry GoalieBob, but its true. :)

I too looked for the Cubs game briefly yesterday, and saw it on the other RSN, but blacked out. Then again, they got blanked yesterday, so probably not a loss. :(

I realized last week that by "moving" to Chicago, the Fox Midwest channels are now out of market, so the St. Louis games on MW are no longer in-market. Its not an issue for college sports, but then again, few of those are in HD.

But by being in Chicago, I get the WGN9 and not just WGN America.

move to Des Moines Iowa you will get 6 MLB teams in market

cubs
sox
twins
brewers
royals
cardinals

You are correct about some of the Royals games being blacked out. What determines which Royals games in Iowa are shown or blacked out? Either your in their territory or your not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)