Will Dish allow you to have more than one 622?

Pakbackr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I love my 622 in the living room, and want another for our bedroom. I haven't called Dish yet, because I don't have 30 extra minutes to wait until someone can speak with me. So does anyone know on here if Dish allows you to have more than one 622 at a time?

Main difference in the 622 and 722 is HD size, right? Specifically, does the 722 have a 2nd tuner output in SD like the 622...and OTA capability?

If you're looking to add it to just one TV I would consider the 612. Same upgrade cost as the 622/722.

You'll get a little better functionality out of it.

If you're looking to add it to just one TV I would consider the 612. Same upgrade cost as the 622/722.

612 $75 1 Room HD DVR 30HD,200 SD Hours Color Black
622 $100 2 Rooms 1 HD 1 SD DVR Picture in Picture in single mode, + more interactive features then the 612, 30 HD ,200 SD Hours Color Silver
722 $125 2 Rooms 1 HD and 1 SD DVR, Same options as 622. 55 HD ,350 SD Hours, Color Black
Installed.

You actually get less functionality with no PIP and tuner Swap. No TV2 out for future SD expansion. 622/722 best option. Like said before, order 622, and you'll probably get a 722.

Your Better off with a 622/722. 2 rooms of service for the same monthy fee as the 612 and its 1 room of service.
612s are good for customers that are at thier Maximum Lease limit and need another DVR.

The 612 does not have PIP.

Correct. But if you give the average joe customer the option of PIP or the ability to record while watching live TV, or record 2 shows while watching something that was all ready recorded, and pay less, which way do you think they will go?

Correct. But if you give the average joe customer the option of PIP or the ability to record while watching live TV, or record 2 shows while watching something that was all ready recorded, and pay less, which way do you think they will go?
622 and 722 can do all this as well in single mode.

I don't Know if this is Just for me, Or Every Dishnetwork Customer, But This is the Prices for upgrades under my account,.

HD DVR
Two Rooms of Service (or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV)

Award Winning HD DVRs!
High Definition DuoDVR Receiver
$50 Installed
$50 Shipped
Enhanced High Definition DuoDVR Receiver
$75 Installed
$75 Shipped

One Room of Service

High Definition Solo DVR Receiver
$25 Installed
Shipped HD DVRs subject to certain restrictions

HD Receivers

High Definition Duo Receiver
$50 Installed
$50 Shipped

One Room of Service

High Definition Solo Receiver
$25 Installed
$25 Shipped

Last edited:
I don't Know if this is Just for me, Or Every Dishnetwork Customer, But This is the Prices for upgrades under my account,.

HD DVR

Award Winning HD DVRs!

$50 Installed
$50 Shipped

$75 Installed
$75 Shipped

One Room of Service

$25 Installed

HD Receivers

$50 Installed
$50 Shipped

One Room of Service

$25 Installed
$25 Shipped
Here's what mine shows. What did you do????;););)

Award Winning HD DVRs!

$100 Installed
$50 Shipped

$125 Installed
$75 Shipped

One Room of Service
$75 Installed

HD Receivers
$100 Installed
$50 Shipped

One Room of Service
$75 Installed
$25 Shipped

There is no advantage or additional functionality to the ViP612 that I'm aware of. The ViP612 appears to be less stable and lacks some of the coolest features of the ViP622 for no cost savings either up front or monthly.

Here's what mine shows. What did you do????;););)

Award Winning HD DVRs!

$100 Installed
$50 Shipped

$125 Installed
$75 Shipped

One Room of Service
$75 Installed

HD Receivers
$100 Installed
$50 Shipped

One Room of Service
$75 Installed
$25 Shipped
The Last time I checked my Dishn it up page. What you have is Exactly what I had on mine.
That was 2 months ago.
I just Copy and Paste the entire page.

This is the Entire page.

1-888-884-2741
Ask DISH

Dish'n It Up

• Get the latest in DISH Network receiver technology.
  • Lease a state of the art receiver at a price much lower than purchased price!
  • You can upgrade a receiver already on your account or add DISH Network in another room of your home.
  • Special pricing for our valued DISH Network customers.
  • Choose to have the new receiver shipped to your home, or have your new equipment professionally installed.
With over 120 National HD channels and growing, DISH Network is excited to introduce a variety of HD programming packages at the lowest all-digital price including TurboHD - the only 100% HD service in the industry! Get the best in movies, sports and original programming in HD. Plus, complete your HD entertainment experience with an HD DVR - voted best in DVR technology! Better than TiVo and better than DirecTV.

Never miss any of your favorite sports, movies or shows with dishDVR. Combining the power of Digital Video Recording (DVR) technology with feature-rich satellite receivers to allow you to watch TV the way you want, and when you want. Plus, our award winning HD DVR works on two different TVs in your home - so you can watch, record, replay and pause live TV in two rooms at same time!

Choose from the options below and call 1-888-884-2741 to upgrade today!

HD DVR

Award Winning HD DVRs!

$50 Installed
$50 Shipped

$75 Installed
$75 Shipped

One Room of Service

$25 Installed

HD Receivers

$50 Installed
$50 Shipped

One Room of Service

$25 Installed
$25 Shipped

Terms and Conditions

Offers and pricing subject to change at any time and based on customer eligibility With DISH'n It Up you are required to maintain qualified basic programming for 24 months or a pro-rated cancel fee of $12.50 per month for each month remaining in the agreement period.
Limit of 2 receivers or 4 tuners per transaction. Limit 4 leased tuners per account. Maximum of one DISH'n It Up upgrade transaction per 12-month period. Monthly equipment rental fee of $7.00 for HD receivers will apply for each receiver activated beyond the first. Monthly DVR Service Fee of $5.98 applies for all DVR receivers. 2-TV receivers must be continuously connected to a land-based phone line to waive the $5.00 monthly TV Receiver Connection fee. If a new dish is necessary when upgrading to HD programming, standard professional installation may be required. Monthly subscription to DishHD programming is required for HD receivers or a monthly $5.00 HD Enabling fee applies. Please call for details.

Last edited:
I too don't see (from my Dish'n It Up page) how you can get a 612 installed for $25. Mine says $75 and doesn't show a shipped figure. I did recently get two 612's, shipped, for $25 apiece through executive resolutions.

Yes, both a 622 and 722 have a single OTA tuner. The 722k has an optional dual OTA tuner module. Without that $30 module, you have no OTA tuner in a 722k.

I love the PIP and the ability to access the buffer of the other tuner. Don't think I would want a receiver without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)