Curious about becoming a part time installer/distributor -- is it feasible?

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
Hi everyone,

I work full time as a software developer, but given all things related to satellite and television has been a hobby and interest of mine most of my life I'm curious if it's feasible to become a distributor and installer of Dish and/or DirecTV more on a part-time bases, like evenings and weekends. It seems most people are home during those times, and I can't help but think there'd be some sort of market for installs to occur after the normal 8-5, M/F hours. Not to say all installers follow these hours, but I'm just curious if this would be something worth looking at for a side job that could evolve into a full time gig down the road, given my current job falls through or becomes unpalatable.

Thanks --
Sam

A not sure how it works in the US, but up north, installation work is sub-contracted. Am assuming Dish and Dtv must follow is simillar model.

Cheers, K

Most of us are installing til 8 pm daily. So much work and not enough installers. I don't think you'll find a part time gig doing 2-3 at night. Most contractors want 6 days a week at least and 12+ hours a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)