Current Dish Custoner but Want HD

theodore_miller

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
You know I woke up this morning in a great mood until I called Dish and again received a person who I could barely understand.

Anyway I am a current Dish cusotmer for two years now or so. I have two Pvr units and one standard unit all leased. I finally made a purchase of a 50' DLP HDTV. I called to ask what I need to get an HDTV receiver and PVR combo. They said I cannot do anything becuase I already took advantage of the free up this year. I was so pissed. I asked for a supervisor, this dude said he can go ahead and get me the receiver that has HDTV but not a PVR. So at this point there is nothing I can do besides buying a HD antenna for locals. My wife insists on having a PVR that is HD. I am not going to pay like 600 dollars for a retail HD receiver and then have to get another one in two months. I am so sick of this company I am ready to go to Direct Tv. Can anyone suggest what I should do at this point? I am really frustrated and pissed. Please help with suggestions! Thanks!

The only thing you can really do at this point would be to cancel the service under your name and open a new account under your wife's name to the new equipment. My wife and I had to this also to upgrade our system.

theodore_miller said:
You know I woke up this morning in a great mood until I called Dish and again received a person who I could barely understand.
Anyway I am a current Dish cusotmer for two years now or so. I have two Pvr units and one standard unit all leased. I finally made a purchase of a 50' DLP HDTV. I called to ask what I need to get an HDTV receiver and PVR combo. They said I cannot do anything becuase I already took advantage of the free up this year. I was so pissed. I asked for a supervisor, this dude said he can go ahead and get me the receiver that has HDTV but not a PVR. So at this point there is nothing I can do besides buying a HD antenna for locals. My wife insists on having a PVR that is HD. I am not going to pay like 600 dollars for a retail HD receiver and then have to get another one in two months. I am so sick of this company I am ready to go to Direct Tv. Can anyone suggest what I should do at this point? I am really frustrated and pissed. Please help with suggestions! Thanks!

First, relax, it's just TV!!! Calling now will do you no good (even if you get an English speaking CSR or not). Wait until Feb. 1st. Then, you can upgrade the receiver for your HDTV to the 622. It will set you back $300, but then you'll have HD and DVR. Now, availability, lead time for install, etc... are yet to be determined, but I think that is your best bet. No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. And, if you haven't already, go get that antenna. First pay a visit to www.antennaweb.org to find out what digital broadcasts are available to you and what antenna would work best. I'm getting 6 digital stations with a $35 indoor antenna, so you might get lucky, too.
Then, sit back, relax and enjoy some over the air HD while waiting for Dish to install your 622. Then you'll have the best of both worlds, HD and DVR!
I strongly suspect the Dish CSR's will be playing by a different set of rules come Feb 1st. And, after Feb 1st, if you don't get the answer you like, keep trying different CSR's, you'd be surprised at the difference in answers you might receive. If that fails, there are escalation email addresses that might be able to help out (ceo@dishnetwork.com or something like that). But, in the mean time, get that antenna and enjoy some hi-def!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)