Current Dish subscriber, new to forum with???

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Greetings all! It is obvious that being a current subscriber is the equivalent to being the bastard child by Dish Network. My question(s) is...
Pricing...currently, new subscribers pay less for AT120. Can current users negotiate a lower charge?
DVR...currently they are "leasing" the 522 reciever for $100.00. What are the downsides (if any) to this offer?
Any other advice for current subscribers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

KAB

Subsribers pay the same amount for programming new or old. The only discount for a new customer would be the promotion they signed up for just like you probably did such as Free HBO, AT60 at $19.99 or the promotion I signed up for $250.00 rebate off my 4700. Remember they can't give you promotion for life they would never make any money. If you want free TV put up an antenna.

Not so, I'm afraid. I am paying $57.99, local channels, 3 TVs.
If you go to their site and sign on as new subscriber, same as above for $47.99. And where did I ask for free TV?

sounds like you are paying two "additional receiver" fees that are probably not included in the quoted price but are somewhere in the fine print if you look real close at the offer.

I think you are looking at 3 TV's NO DVR.
AT 120 $42.99 1 TV or 2 with a 322 0r 522 ect.
3 rd TV $ 4.99
DVR Fee $ 5.00 522 or other dvr
Total $52.98
Now Dish Network Offers Current customer an option to go to a 522 upgrade which would lower your bill $4.99 the cost of your 2nd receiver with would put you at the same price. Note no such offer from DirecTV or Cable.

If you have 3 receivers then it would be the first is free and $5.00 for each receiver there after. but i may be wrong.

I have the AT120 and 1 extra receiver at $5.00 so i pay $47.99 for 2 811,s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)