Current on D* (I have almost had it)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
shugo77 said:
What am I a clown? Am I hear for your entertainment?..LOL
ok, ok... I'll say it but just one more time,
CURRENT IS WORTHLESS CRAP :yes
along with...
LRW, FR & especially......LOGO ;)

I'm sorry for sounding like an ungrateful crybaby, I just want more HD

I have 9 HD channels including my OTA locals. and I probably watch those 9 channels 80% of the time, compared to the other 100 or so SD channels.
People that don't have HD just don't realize what they are missing, once you watch something in HD it is hard to watch something else in SD.

Yes we all want more HD... thing is if they gave it to us now it would mean more compression on the channels we have now... of all the HD i get my locals look great on my 52" but the stuff from D* looks like crap in comparison because they dont have enough space for what they have up there...

and NO they cant put it on 101 becuase it would mean breaking contracts with networks. there is simply no where to put it without killing it and what is up there now... leave it alone till SW 1 and 2 are operational.

shugo77 said:
What am I a clown? Am I hear for your entertainment?..LOL
ok, ok... I'll say it but just one more time,
CURRENT IS WORTHLESS CRAP :yes
along with...
LRW, FR & especially......LOGO ;)

I'm sorry for sounding like an ungrateful crybaby, I just want more HD

I have 9 HD channels including my OTA locals. and I probably watch those 9 channels 80% of the time, compared to the other 100 or so SD channels.
People that don't have HD just don't realize what they are missing, once you watch something in HD it is hard to watch something else in SD.

Man I hear ya.... But it was so funny that you were just in a "its just crap" mode. Priceless. And I agree!!

shugo77 said:
I'm sorry for sounding like an ungrateful crybaby, I just want more HD --snip-- People that don't have HD just don't realize what they are missing, once you watch something in HD it is hard to watch something else in SD.

Hey, I hear ya. I'm finding myself watching things JUST because they're in HDTV because it's so tough to watch compressed SD now. I'm just glad there's at least one other progressive network on the air to balance out the field, you know?

lvkewlkid said:
Quote: People that don't have HD just don't realize what they are missing,
Reply: Not everyone can afford an HDTV, and some of us would like the people with HD to stop complaining, the channel additions need to benefit everyone not just HD'ers.

The "can't afford HDTV" argument is quickly fading away. :) For less than $800, you can get a nice 27" ViewSonic HD monitor. Another $150 or so gets you a used HD receiver. And the prices will only continue to tumble.

I agree with the crap statement :eek: especially with gore-vision being crap (imo). I am just glad I can use the interent he invented :p I also agree that D* has a tough sell when they say they have no BW for new HD yet they add foreign channels and the previously mentioned ones.
I have been waiting a long time for a new channel in HD and will continue to wait till a better option is available then all bets are off. Hopefully D* gets SW2 up soon and the wait for HD ends.

FLY BABY FLY :D

Current seems to be for those people who do not have an attention span. A better name would have been The Ritalin channel.

Logo is just nasty. Deleted it the day it appeared.

Lifetime Real Women didn't even know we had it. From the posts it seems to be touted (translated, that means applauded) for the fact it carries Laverne and Shirley? We didn't have enough TV Lands, et. al. to carry reruns.

Fox Reality, hmmm is that the "Train Wreck Channel?" Why do we need to have
"The Littlest Groom?"

Programming so horrible you get sucked in once and the stench of the programming takes three baths to remove.

Please, please, please, before I go to the great expense and buy an FTA system, someone assure me that there is a far greater variety than the glaucomaesque pablum being accepted for entertainment and actual news by the TV viewing public these days

lvkewlkid said:
Quote: Logo is just nasty. Deleted it the day it appeared.

Reply: What makes LOGO nasty?

sounds almost homophobic... Ill let you know Im hapily married to a beautiful woman and i have no problem with logo... though i rarely watch it.

lvkewlkid (love cool kid?)

What makes LOGO nasty?

Well the first show I saw was a Magaret Cho special. Cho was explaining how she honed her fellatio skills.

This little gem was followed up by the detailed difficulty she and her alcoholic male mate had in their sexual relations during their alcoholism.

Not what I would call "basic" programming fare for a child filled house. Hence deletion of channel.

ShadowEKU (Eastern Kentucky University fan?)

Not homophobe, the man who introduced me to my wife was gay. He went to law school with my wife. He was the best man in my wedding.

I'm not the type to demand things be taken down. I just won't watch them.

Christian free will and all. I abhor the talebanesque attitudes in the religious and religious-free as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)