Current Receiver Question (New Customer/Install)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msajeff

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Illinois
I'm in Orlando so I get local HDs off the satellite. I ordered a DVR and an HD box. Is there a standard receiver they install or is it luck of the draw? I'd like to take a look at and familiarize myself with the system manuals before install day (Aug 25th).

Directv's website has all the manual links that you will need. They only install directv hardware now. Most likely you will get an H10 or H20 for the hdtv box and a R15 for the dvr

briansanders007 said:
Directv's website has all the manual links that you will need. They only install directv hardware now. Most likely you will get an H10 or H20 for the hdtv box and a R15 for the dvr

HD LIL via satellite is MPEG4 and the H10 can't do that; it will have to be the H20 only. Now if he really meant HD via ATSC tuner (OTA) then either can do that.

Thanks guys....The HD locals are Mpeg4 off the satellite. When I ordered I confirmed that I was getting an HD box capable of receiving Mpeg4 and that I was getting the 24" dish. The install isn't for almost 3 weeks so I may call retention and see if they can set me up with the H10-250 & antenna and/or the free SuperFan. Is the cost to them anywhere close for an HD box plus DVR box (what I'm set up for) vs the H10-250 and a standard bo:mad:what I prefer)?

good call. didn't even think of that. I probally won't see HD LIL for years living in Lincoln-Hastings DMA. :eek:

charper1 said:
HD LIL via satellite is MPEG4 and the H10 can't do that; it will have to be the H20 only. Now if he really meant HD via ATSC tuner (OTA) then either can do that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)