Current TV finds a Buyer?

I really wish Dish NW would consider removing this channel from all its packages. I really don't one penny of my money going to this station. It will just be a propaganda outlet for the radicals in the east.

#1 I am guessing you have never watched this station before. Their coverage of the uprising in Egypt was the best coverage anywhere. If you haven't watched it yet you would be surprised that most of their on air staff is former BBC / ITV reporters. It is NOT the station that you think it once was.

#2 Do you watch be-IN Sport? Did you know this channel is owned by Al Jazera?

Al Jazeera Media Network announced that it will launch a new U.S.-based news channel that will provide both domestic news and international news for American audiences.
The new U.S.-based news channel will be the latest addition to the Al Jazeera Media Network which consists of: Al Jazeera English, Al Jazeera Arabic, Al Jazeera Documentary
Will it be known as Al Gorzeera? :rolleyes:

#1 I am guessing you have never watched this station before. Their coverage of the uprising in Egypt was the best coverage anywhere. If you haven't watched it yet you would be surprised that most of their on air staff is former BBC / ITV reporters. It is NOT the station that you think it once was...
Al Jazeera should NOT be lumped with Russia Today (Russia), JN1 (Israel), Press TV (Iran), etc. These 3 stations have a hard agenda to present the world from their country's viewpoint. Al Jazeera is a very good counterbalance to CNN and the other American networks. If you only watch American news stations, then you owe it to yourself to watch some news stations from other countries. I believe even the CBC or CTV news stations will give you another point of view which you may not be seeing now.

The Canadian government wouldn't care if Americans watched their signals, if American corporations didn't care. It's about licensing and distribution of many American programs that may be on the Canadian channels.

I would love to see news channels from all over the world offered. Always interesting to see what the rest of the world is doing.

Well Al Jazeera maybe better than Current TV, I get it on Roku and on my Samsung TV, it's not that bad although I don't watch it that must, too much talk about Middle Eastern issues,
CNN International sucks! Again on Roku it shows same show as CNN, and often repeats with non stop Piers Morgan, it's pretty pathetic and rates on the bottom with Current TV.

CBC & CTV have their own 24/7 news networks that is strictly news, well mostly they of course would request a carriage fee from the USA provider, but CBC is owned by the Canadian government.
So maybe it's not allowed in the USA. CTV is owned by Bell. CBC is available on Roku through Mummy Box or Nowhere TV, can't remember which at moment.

Al Jazeera is not bad for news and I'll admit that my political views lean towards the right side of the scale.

Perhaps some feel that content and quality of material presented is more important than quality of video.

But the content and quality of the material presented is already top-notch...

Since they can't improve that any further they should put their efforts into launching a HD feed. The channel is hard to watch compared to CNN HD, MSNBC HD, NHK World HD, etc. despite its quality journalism because it looks so bad.

I am a news junky and watch quite a bit of Al Jazeera and I don't think they show a clear bias. Their coverage of the Arab Spring has been kind of one sided but the same goes for the rest of the Western media. I would put them closer to BBC than say Russia Today but BBC News is still a cut above. People are so used to hearing things from a US POV that they think anything negative about the US is propaganda. The same with Israel, the US is so close to Israel and Israeli politicians are so common on US media that there is a clear Israeli POV from the US press and people think Al Jazeera shows a clear bias against Israel because they cover the Palestinian POV even though you get the same type of coverage in Europe. Also the whole controversy about their coverage during the War on Terror, there was US media that was showing statements from Bin Laden, there was millions of Americans viewing those execution videos online, showing violent images on the news is common in other countries, and who here has not seen dead bodies in the Middle East or Africa on the news here?

Did I miss the Sat loc. ? FTA or just subscription?
FTA 97ku 12152 H 20000

how could this thread not have politics ?
over 80% of all the news we see anywhere has politics in it.
still the best thread i've seen on topic,everywhere else people who never watched
saying all kinds ____
politics is kinda like sports : you need to know the players to enjoy it.

one of the posts was political...and got removed. We have a strict "no political talk" policy
the subsequent posts were responses to said deleted post so therefore they get deleted too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts