Current update on 3ABN, Spirit & GEB

greggor48 said:
So this was the deal I guess. Was hoping that they would have move the 3 channels to on of the 12645 not that the local channels are gone to E* 10.

greggor
it is a possibility, but here is the thing

When Dish moved those channels from 61.5 to 110, there is a "ghost" (I'll call it that) channel still on 61.5 for a little while to make sure everything is fine at the new spot. What I mean with "ghost" is there is still a chanel there but Dish receivers don't acknowledge it. They acknowledge the chanenls at the new spots. The FTA receivers still saw them there in the old spot (scrambled of course)

Once Dish starts cleaning off 61.5, then there might be some changes :)

I saw that 12647 (or 12645) using my FTA still have on channels even though lyngsat.com do not have that transponder listed any more. I like 61.5 since my cable company get the international cricket from there. I know they are using an FTA receiver so I dont know how legal they are in getting it.

I am not a novice to FTA so I have an idea of what is legal and what isn't. I can't send my $149 to sky until I get back all the channels.

I saw that 12647 (or 12645) using my FTA still have on channels even though lyngsat.com do not have that transponder listed any more.
yep thats what I was talking about. Once the channels get out of the "stream" when you scan that transponder there wont be any channels

greggor48 said:
I saw that 12647 (or 12645) using my FTA still have on channels even though lyngsat.com do not have that transponder listed any more. I like 61.5 since my cable company get the international cricket from there. I know they are using an FTA receiver so I dont know how legal they are in getting it.

I am not a novice to FTA so I have an idea of what is legal and what isn't. I can't send my $149 to sky until I get back all the channels.

I know for a fact, there is some International channels and others that have agreements with Dish to be the delivery method to cable head ends. Dish has also been selling local channels to rural cable providers through Turner Media Group. It's legal.

Since E* has apparently cleared everything off of satellite E*6, I wonder if maybe they are planning to move it to 61.5?

And perhaps the sticking point in getting channels added back to SA* is because they are negotiating a new deal with E*? (Since the current one is for the lifetime of E*3)

cablewithaview said:
Dish has also been selling local channels to rural cable providers through Turner Media Group. It's legal.

WOW - While I'm sure it is legal, I just can't E* is "helping their enemy" ... :confused: :p

That's answers an interesting question I always had about a cable system north of Springfield. Greene County Cable has a headend in Williamsville, which actually serves 4 other towns besides & they have an E* Superdish f/105, which (besides core prog on 110/119) is of only value is for our local channels. Since their local channels they have been carrying now look better, this must be the reason why.

The thing of it is, they are NOT really a "rural cable system" - they just run it like one! :rolleyes: :D They have a VERY tall TV tower w/antennas on it, but they are pretty old - I think they went this route because they were too lazy or cheap to have someone climb the tower & put up decent antennas. They are not that much farther away from the TV stations than Insight's headend here & Insight manages to pick everything up off-air just fine.

dishrich said:
WOW - While I'm sure it is legal, I just can't E* is "helping their enemy" ... :confused: :p

That's answers an interesting question I always had about a cable system north of Springfield. Greene County Cable has a headend in Williamsville, which actually serves 4 other towns besides & they have an E* Superdish f/105, which (besides core prog on 110/119) is of only value is for our local channels. Since their local channels they have been carrying now look better, this must be the reason why.

The thing of it is, they are NOT really a "rural cable system" - they just run it like one! :rolleyes: :D They have a VERY tall TV tower w/antennas on it, but they are pretty old - I think they went this route because they were too lazy or cheap to have someone climb the tower & put up decent antennas. They are not that much farther away from the TV stations than Insight's headend here & Insight manages to pick everything up off-air just fine.

It's for any cable provider, I miss quoted saying "rural cable provider". We use the Dish platform in a few of our systems. I don't however use it in my system because I try to keep cost of programming down. They charge .25 cents per sub not counting any fees your local channel may ask under "cash for carriage".

Last edited:
Doesn't E* use some of Sky Angel's transponders in exchage for letting Sky Angel use E*3? If E*3 goes bad wouldn't that impact E* right to some of Sky Angel's transponders? If E* wants to continue using Sky Angel's transponders, wouldn't it be in their own self interest to renegociate with Sky Angel shoud E*3 go bad?

Yes, E* and SA* have a contract for the life of E*3 satellite. It has been known for years that E*3 has technical problems, which are now apparently starting to surface. It will impact both providers, although by moving most locals off of 61.5, E* has lessened the impact to itself.

Hopefully both will renegotiate. I would have to guess the sticking point is whether Sky Angel can get more than 2 transponders for their own service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts