Current Upgrade Path

Cabby

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 2, 2006
Now that the 622 has been out for some time, is there a final upgrade path for all us long lost customers?

I currently have a 921 which I own, 2 811's which I lease, and one standard def receiver I never even use, which I also lease.

I also have an OTA on the roof, so I get my locals in HD for free. I want to make sure the 622 can still receive these, I dont see why it wouldnt, but want to make sure. I dont want HD-Lite locals from Dish. My OTA rocks and want to keep this in place.

From what I understand I need to do the following things:
-Get a new Dish on the roof to replace my old inferior one.
-Replace my 921 with a 622 (I guess the 921 goes to ebay?)
-Replace my 811's with 211's

Do I need to replace the SD receiver?

Dish says I can pay $199 and get a new dish on the roof and all new receivers (which I would lease). I would then replace my current Top180 + Dish package with the DishHD Bronze. It's my understanding the Bronze package has all the same HD channels as the other packages and the only difference are the # of SD channels. I only care about HD and dont need any SD channels.

All that sound accurate, what are my options?

TIA!!

I get my locals in HD for free. I want to make sure the 622 can still receive these

Yes, the 622 has a built in OTA HD tuner, and it will allow you to use all of your DVR functions with the OTA channels as well. It works very nicely, and if you already have these channels with good reception, I would guess you would be very happy!

It's my understanding the Bronze package has all the same HD channels as the other packages and the only difference are the # of SD channels

This is not quite true. There are 2? extra HD channels on the Platinum version, one of them is National Geographic HD, I can't remember what the other one is. However other than those, you are correct that the rest of the HD channels are the same, and it is just the number of SD channels that changes.

Ok, I mispoke, National Geographic is on the Gold package and above.

Platinum I believe also includes some (or all) of the premium channels, ie. HBO-HD etc.

styxfix said:
Yes it's accurate, but there's also this so you can get much of it back. Or trade in the 921 receiver and it will be nearly free.

Very nice if you actually see the money.

I dont think I'll give them my 921 since I paid like $600 for it way back when. I'll check out ebay and see what the going rate is, seems like such a waste.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)