CurrentTV in HD?

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Hi,

Does CurrentTV have an HD channel? If so, will it be coming to Dish Network before the June 20th launch of Countdown with Keith Olbermann?

If not, I'll have to switch from Dish America to an HD + SD package.

Howard

According to CABLE NEWS and other outlets, it is one of or usually the least watched channels on cable. Households watching in the fourth quarter of 2010 was 18,000. Yes, that's for the whole country.
Based on that, I hope Dish does not provide it in HD should Current even go HD, if it is at the expense of something else.

Last edited:
Also, a lot of content on Current was submitted by viewers and quite a number of them don't have HD cameras, yet. The channel would end up showing a lot of 4:3 SD shot content while paying for HD space on a satellite to MVPD's. Not likely to happen until they get much more HD content.

Do you think that Dish might add Current TV to the Dish America packages before June 20th?

bluegras doesn't want a HD channel?!?!?! (see post #3) Is the world still on its axis? Has hell frozen over?

According to CABLE NEWS and other outlets, it is one of or usually the least watched channels on cable. Households watching in the fourth quarter of 2010 was 18,000. Yes, that's for the whole country.
Based on that, I hope Dish does not provide it in HD should Current even go HD, if it is at the expense of something else.
Right now I'm sure that is correct, but this channel will probably change quite a bit in the upcoming months, as they build the new news department.
I don't think they'll be a ratings threat for CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC, but I believe their viewership will increase.
I will watch Keith's new show in SD, but if they do launch an HD feed that's cool with me! :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)