'Custom' Hopper3

A Bunn brews a pot of coffee in like 2 minutes ;) not a lot of need for planning ahead when it's that fast.
There are just a bunch of people that like to set up in the evening and simply pour in the morning. They are alert in the evening, not so in the morning until they've had that first cup... :)

Reactions: navychop
I miss the red light, not for any purpose of wanting to know if my programs are recording, but to see if It was open to take an update. Most the time, I'll leave the TV off while I am bedding down, and don't want to wake myself up to see if it needs to be stopped to update. I also wish(and hear this Dish) when I hit the power button, I want it to turn the Hopper off, including if I am using any apps, such as Netflix. Just kill the damn machine with a simple button push. It's a pain in the backside to close out of the Netflix app.

Only nine?

My parents are clock collectors, so I grew up in a house with eventually 400+ clocks. (Let that sink in for a minute :D)

They downsized the collection a few years back when they sold the big house, but still have over 100. I probably have a couple dozen now that I kept when I moved out and/or bought since.

Only nine?

My parents are clock collectors, so I grew up in a house with eventually 400+ clocks. (Let that sink in for a minute :D)

They downsized the collection a few years back when they sold the big house, but still have over 100. I probably have a couple dozen now that I kept when I moved out and/or bought since.
That would drive me cuckoo. :D

I had a antique looking mantle clock that I got from Walmart over 20 years ago. It used to chime on the hour. I ended up cutting the chime out quickly. Every hour drove me crazy , especially at night when I was trying to sleep. :what

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had a antique looking mantle clock that I got from Walmart over 20 years ago. It used to chime on the hour. I ended up cutting the chime out quickly. Every hour drove me crazy , especially at night when I was trying to sleep. :what
We used to live across the street from a church that rang their bell every quarter hour. People visiting would hear it and ask "doesn't that bother you ?" and we had to ask what they were talking about. After no time at all, you don't hear it anymore.... We have a Howard Miller mantle clock that chimes the same or maybe it's only on the half-hours. I can't say ... because we no longer hear it.

We used to live across the street from a church that rang their bell every quarter hour. People visiting would hear it and ask "doesn't that bother you ?" and we had to ask what they were talking about. After no time at all, you don't hear it anymore.... We have a Howard Miller mantle clock that chimes the same or maybe it's only on the half-hours. I can't say ... because we no longer hear it.

I'm in a 16 x 80 mobile home and that chiming every hour on the hour would wake me up. Especially when I was on night shift in the 90's.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

It drives me cuckoo too having to change most of our clocks for Daylight Savings time when it is that time again and again and again. :coco
Only two of the nine have to be set manually, spring and fall. The others, two are magically set by the long wave signal from Denver and two are on internet radios which are the most accurate all the time. One, the latest addition to my clocks is a Honeywell lite switch with a built in clock set by longitude and latitude to turn on the patio lite at dusk and off at 11PM.

Keeping that many clocks in synch (as well as winding them) would be a full time job! Wouldn't it be nice if the Hoppers could take the time from the satellite and broadcast to the other plugged-in devices to do that?
(What? We were having this great clock-obsessed off-topic conversation and you want to bring it back on topic?) ;)

So I upgraded from the original Hopper to the Hopper3. My wife is happy that the great tuner battle is over, but she HATED the red stripe on the front of the unit. I didn't care much for it either but I could live with it.

She brought home this from the art section of Hobby Lobby...

And now the Hopper3 looks like this

Everyone is happy now...
sounds like we could be married to the same woman. My little beauty hates the my home theater setup because she can't rearrange the furniture every 2 weeks, because she can't lift all the heavy equipment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)