customer 3 yrs ago cant get current promo

tate320

Original poster
May 21, 2005
i just bought a new house and was interested in getting dish network so i went to website signed up but was told to call customer service at checkout only to be told that i couldnt get promo because i used to be a customer and cancelled back in 2001 and have a zero balance back than you had to pay for equipment which wasnt cheap i since got rid of equipment and would like to get hd reciever but dont want to pay a kings ransom has any body else had this problem and is directv the same way because i used to have them back in 1997

I thought that they considered you a new customer after a year and a half of having no service with them. That is what I have heard, anyway. You said you moved, you probably could have just told them you were a new customer and I don't think they would have known the difference since it is a different service address.

A friend of mine had the same problem recently.
He cancelled *E over 3 years ago and went with Cox Cable.
He liked the 522 setup I have and I gave him a Club Dish so he could order one. He was told he could not get the Promo with free equipment because he was a customer 3 years ago. They said he was going to have to buy the equipment if he wanted service again.
He went with the 4 room *D Promo instead and upgraded to a Direct/TIVO for $50 after rebate.

still have same phone number

the problem is i moved but kept same number so my old account is under same phone number i tried 2 yr commitment still a no go

Sounds like time for some CSR roulette. The 2 year DHA should DEFINITELY be an option (I don't get why they call it DHA when you're getting a contract), just ask them to speak to their manager.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this, wish it went smoother :|

told them i would sign i 2 yr deal still a no go

girl i spoke with told me that i might be able to lease but got back on the phone and told me that i would have to use my old stuff or buy new ask to speak to a manager and was on hold forever great customer service i guess this is why they will never beat cable even with better prices

Since we have to give over our SSN, that would be the link to previous subscriptions, but if you started out with another family member in the household--wife, or somebody--especially if you moved, with a new SSN, then how would they say that's a previous subscription????

Try another family member with a new SSN. PM me if you need a Dish CLub discount of $50 (only good if you are considred a new subscriber).

Told Them I Would Subscribe To A 2 Yr And Checked Out Sbc Not Available In My Area Gong To Try Local Provider But Dont Know How Much That Will Work Being They Still Get Your Ssn And As Far As The Other Family Member I Live Alone

Just Got Off The Phone Wtih Them Again Asked To Speak To A Manager And The Girl I Spoke With Told Me She Would Help Me Told Her Story She Put Me On Hold And Came Back With More Bullsh!t She Told Me That I Was Unable To Qualify Because I Had Been Shut Off (not True)and That Even Though My Account Was At Zero I Was Cancelled I Asked Her For Details And She Had None Asked Her About Last Bill And She Told Me It Was For 17 Dollars Which I Paid But No Details Were In Her Cpu

I would try sending an email (a nice one) to ceo@dishnetwork.com , make sure you give them your phone number so they can contact you. If they cant help you no one will be able to. Alot of people have had luck contacting them.
Good luck :) .

Easy. Have your wife put it in her name at a retailer. Make sure that she gives her cell phone number and uses her credit card. That is what I did.

I was a former Dish customer, went with Directtv for a while(about a year and a half). I just switched back. I said I wanted a free hd reciever and two additional rooms. I'm leasing the stuff but they didn't give me a problem. Of course when I called Directtv to cancel, they said they would give me a free hd reciever also. I don't know what the secret is, but you should be able to get it done.

thanks everybody for the input i finally got it tried wifes info and the declined her (credit or same phone number)then someone posted that they used wifes cell number so i tried to enter my cell number and bingo approved used the same ssn number and all i guess they only go by is that damn phone number

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)