Customer Appreciation Pack

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
So...

I was checking "My Offers" on my online account to order my free PPV movie.

And I saw the "Customer Appreciation Pack"

It was 4 or 5 premium movie channels free for one month.

I think MGM was one, maybe PixL too. I can't remember which channels - but it's worth checking out for these long cold nights.......

Reactions: primestar31
They are not really premium channels like HBO, they are not even calling them that. Three of the four are in BB@H package. But if you would watch them, why not?
  • MGM HD - Channel 385
  • PixL - Channel 388
  • Hallmark Movies & Mysteries - Channel 187
  • Sony Movie Channel - Channel 386

That's nice. (Appreciation packs and perks)
As a customer @ dish I've never paid retail ( never from day one / promo) & going forward after the 2 year was over. It may change who knows but hasn't so far. ( wood? Knock.. Knock )
Always some kind of deal offered not ask.
Comes in my email and once by phone even.
They send emails to alert you way in advance too to keep you from getting bit when the deals expire also..
Unlike D who feast on the forgetful human mind and the proration attack of customers wallets.
Had to do a chat a couple times to get it implemented but that's it over the commercials they run. (Sho half off as example recently)
Right now on the acct its the $20 for 2 ( HBO/max). Showtime half off and block buster half off and multi sport just ran out as i was timed right with football season.
I had D for 18 + years and never saw such period.. Well except "free" software that disabled on a regular basis all my OWNED EQ like it belonged to them. ( smh)
Dish makes D look like a scavenger in my honest opinion and I guess my 18+ years was tied to my work in foolish dedication.
I can honestly say that this is one case .... " the grass IS greener on the otherside" and boy does the grass grow.

Interesting they can pull individual channels out of a package and offer them as a free perk, but we as customers can't buy them outright. What if I want to continue this "Appreciation Pack" past the free month. Not gonna happen.

This "appreciation Pack" is nothing more than your consolation price for the yearly price hike that hit this month .
Yep. Nothing more, nothing less. Ya take it or leave it. In my case, with half of BB&H fir six mos, I'll obviously leave it.

Interesting they can pull individual channels out of a package and offer them as a free perk, but we as customers can't buy them outright. What if I want to continue this "Appreciation Pack" past the free month. Not gonna happen.
It seems the channels in the appreciation pack are already Ala Carte channels(BB@Home, Heartland), so I wouldn't imagine the contracts restrict them from being in any ala carte pckage that Dish needs to place them in.

I got a snail mail letter informing me of the price increase and offering either a month of this Appreciation Pack or the MultiSport Pack. Neither shows up in My Offers, nor any PPV certs.

Hmm, let me see if I have this correct. Earlier this week we get a Customer Appreciation Package consisting of 1 free PPV, 4 old movie channels and a "mania" of old movies on Friday and Saturday nights. Then, this morning when I get my bill it's $5 higher per month. This after the pi$$ing contest with Capitol Broadcasting and FOX removed channels for weeks. Yep, I sure am feeling appreciated, NOT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)