Customer Retention??????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cmassa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Chico, CA
I called customer retention today as I would like to upgrade my service to get HD and locals. I would like to take advantage of the $799 deal for the HR10-250. DirecTV offered to sell me the unit for $999 and give $150 off. I asked about getting a credit if I bought the unit somewhere else and the most she would give me was 3 months free of HD service. I politely said no way. To those that have been successful at getting the $250 credit, how did you do it? Do I just need to call again and talk to someone else tomorrow? Should I just come out and ask for $250 credit? I have been a DirecTV customer since 1998 and have never called to request anything in the past.

Thanks,
Chris

call again, remember to tell them you have been a sub for so long and that you would hate to go to dish or cable to get you want.

Better

I called again this am and got the $250 credit. They are also upgrading my other two receivers and dish for free in order to get locals. I'm still using my original equipment (Sony A4). I think I'll go to Best Buy to get the HD-Tivo. I have $120 in gift certificates from the TV purchase and an additional 10% off coupon. I could have gotten the $250 off puchasing from them as well.

Sorry for the duplicate thread, I wasn't sure which to put it in.

Thanks,
Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)