Customer service menu not working...

drmatsci

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Ridgecrest, CA
I was installed on the eastern arc one week ago and since that time the customer service menu has never worked. The first call with tech said it was because the phone line was not hooked up correctly, it was, then they said it was because my account was new, that doesn't make sense still, and yesterday they said it was because dish Home is not on the eastern arc, and yet, I see it in my channel lineup.

I can go to the customer service menu but each item under has an error. Example, add programming comes up with EA03. View statement comes up with EA09, Tech support comes up with EA81.

To complicate the fun, I also have an issue trying to change my programming via the website. All the website stuff, like the bill, comes up fine, but when I try to access my porgramming it brings up a green message and says to call that number to change programming.

I am on the DC locals and using a new 722.

And why we are talking eastern arc, any news on what will come to 77W? How can I know the installer pointed it right when it wasn't there yet?

Nobody?

OK, anyone already on the eastern arc, does your customer menu work? Can you see your bill through your reciever?

Also, can you look at your programming online?

This is what I get online:

We cannot process your request to change your programming package. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to make these programming changes to your account.

I have been a Dishnetwork subscriber for over 10 years. I am now on Eastern Arc. I can access channel 100 but the only thing that works is News/Weather.

I get the same message as you when I try to access change programming on Dish’s website. But this has been the case for some time – even before I became an Eastern Arc subscriber.

Nobody?

OK, anyone already on the eastern arc, does your customer menu work? Can you see your bill through your reciever?

Also, can you look at your programming online?

This is what I get online:

We cannot process your request to change your programming package. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to make these programming changes to your account.

Thank you very much for the reply!

OK, well, that's good and bad - good then because it sounds like my equipment is working the same as everyone else. Bad because it would be nice to change programming w/o calling THEM...

I wonder if this is because I am in the 24 month period or because of HD or what?

I suppose the good side is that nobody can accidently order any of the 'green' channels with the remote.

I have been browsing and it seems no one really knows what 77 will carry - speculation is on HD locals. I have DC locals already, probably won't help me...

If I pay an extra 6 bucks can I have them give me Baltimore locals as well?
More football games that way.
I suppose I could try an over the air antenna but I am 60 miles south of DC.

I did call them and ask to get the Sirius added to my gold/Platnium and they said they don't do that. Wouldn't that be nice - say for $5, you can get music added to your HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)