Customer Service. What Happened?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
Been a subscriber since '97. Service was once legendary. Today I was scheduled for a confirmed MRV install from 8-12. Installer called at 8:15 saying he had no equipment and canceled. Didn't even offer to re-schedule.

Got on the phone and DTV and installer and both blamed it on each other. Installer claims DTV doesn't give them "routes" until the night before and DTV claims they don't track what equipment installers have on hand. They did manage to charge my credit card for the equipment and installation last week without problem. Called DTV corporate offices and the installer then calls back at 10:30, has somehow found some equipment including an HR24, and is on his way.

I'll keep you posted.

Been a subscriber since '97. Service was once legendary. Today I was scheduled for a confirmed MRV install from 8-12. Installer called at 8:15 saying he had no equipment and canceled. Didn't even offer to re-schedule.

Got on the phone and DTV and installer and both blamed it on each other. Installer claims DTV doesn't give them "routes" until the night before and DTV claims they don't track what equipment installers have on hand. They did manage to charge my credit card for the equipment and installation last week without problem. Called DTV corporate offices and the installer then calls back at 10:30, has somehow found some equipment including an HR24, and is on his way.

I'll keep you posted.

Thats the problem with having people who aren't DTV employees doing this dirty work...

I'll keep you posted.

He didn't find the equipment you where an upgrade. He probably had the equipment for HD install. New Install get priority over upgrades. The new install fell through so he now has equipment to complete your upgrade.

He didn't find the equipment you where an upgrade. He probably had the equipment for HD install. New Install get priority over upgrades. The new install fell through so he now has equipment to complete your upgrade.
BINGO

He did show up and an hour fifteen after he called but was still fifteen minutes inside the original window. He hit a snag on my HR20-100. Fortunately, I had been reading and told him I thought the HR20's couldn't power DECA off Sat1 but a kludge was developed to power it off Sat2 using a splitter. I showed him two options one with a BSF and one without. He opted for Option 2 which seems to work.

Do any of you pros have an opinion about whether or not a BSF should be present? All does seem well and working.

I'm not really sure why I went MRV other than I could. Overall I'm pleased. I had to whine loud this morning but in the end I got an H24, sexy, and a new H24. Primarily wanted to keep my HR20-100 to jerk and use in my RV. I can fill it up with movies and the HR20's tune/record OTA which will make things easier in the RV. I will feed the OTA HD through the 20 and then both OTA and DTV to the TV via HDMI. Less wiring and switching.

Now on to seeing how hard it is to setup a Slimline on a tripod.

He did it this way. Is there a problem?

Attachments

• HR20-1.png
    HR20-1.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 139
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts