Cancelled DTV over terrible customer service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I left just last week after talking to loyalty dept...about the free ST Max email I got...The first guy kept me on the phone for 30 minutes didn't have a clue. Could not tell me anything about it...no offers even though I said I was most likely going to call back the next day and cancel. I called back a little later that night and still they new nothing about the email a lot of people got. Offered $20 off the bill for 1 year with a 1 year contract... I said no, not worth it without the free ticket offer. Just said cancel and that was it...No win back no call back, nothing...I have been with them at least 10 years. Going to get Sling-TV and save a pile of money...Tired of their "BS"...

I left just last week after talking to loyalty dept...about the free ST Max email I got...The first guy kept me on the phone for 30 minutes didn't have a clue. Could not tell me anything about it...no offers even though I said I was most likely going to call back the next day and cancel. I called back a little later that night and still they new nothing about the email a lot of people got. Offered $20 off the bill for 1 year with a 1 year contract... I said no, not worth it without the free ticket offer. Just said cancel and that was it...No win back no call back, nothing...I have been with them at least 10 years. Going to get Sling-TV and save a pile of money...Tired of their "BS"...

Sorry to hear this happen but be prepared for garbage, choppy quality regardless of the quality of your internet on Sling. Streaming is definitely an improving alternative but bottom line is it's still not mature enough to be a 100% reliable solution.

Reactions: lparsons21
If you are a hockey fan DTV is probably a better option. Buying Center Ice through DTV also gives you access to NHL.TV so you get both packages for ~$150 whereas Dish does not give you NHL.TV with the Center Ice package. Dish customer that is contemplating moving to DTV mainly for this reason.

I too am not impressed with the customer service since ATT took over. Usually have to do several chats or phone calls and play CSR roulette before a person gets one that actually kind of knows what they're talking about. I love how cheap my tv service is being bundled with ATT wireless but I'm going to take a long look at Dish and streaming services once my contract is up.

Reactions: littlecloud319
I too called retention dept. I said I wanted to cancel for the outdated equipment that only has 100 timers to share between 4 tv's They tried to upgrade me to a genie 2 but I informed them that it would not help any over my hr44 because it only has 100 timers also. CS said but the genie 2 has a bigger harddrive I said it doesnt matter how big of harddrive it has if you cant set any more timers than what I have. I said if you would let me have 2 genie's on my account everything would be fine. CS said no and was only offered $10 off a month for 12 months for 2 year commitment. I laughed hung up and I called Dish they installed Hopper 3 and 4k joeys next day. I called Dtv back to cancel it took over 45 minutes to cancel. Even though I told CS that I have already switched and their equipment is unhooked. The CS said she still has to read me every offer to get me to stay. I told her I already gave them that opportunity and the best they would offer is $10 for 12 months. I finally told her after I have been using the Hopper 3 compared to the genie there is nothing they could do even give me free service to get me to stay she finally cancelled my service.

part 2. I received my final dtv bill for $0.80 with "do not mail in this payment" on it. So I tried to login to my DTV account to pay... Deleted by DTV...I called they said we can take the payment but we charge $5 processing fee or you can pay with your online account for free. After explaining that they deleted my account and the bill says I cant mail it in how am I suppose to pay. Finally he said ok we will wave the $5 fee then he tried to run my payment and it came back that it has to be a charge of a $1 or more before it can be processed. after about 30mins they finally just cleared out the balance. I am done with ATT their CS is hands down the worst company I have seen

Att is utter garbage when it comes to billing. Their reps take way too much time to do things. When I call charter for an issue it takes minutes, when I call ATT about my tv service it seems to always take 30 minutes minimum of talking to people.

My conclusion is that ATT doesn’t invest much on training their employees properly and that they don’t have an average handle time. Most companies do.

I too called retention dept. I said I wanted to cancel for the outdated equipment that only has 100 timers to share between 4 tv's They tried to upgrade me to a genie 2 but I informed them that it would not help any over my hr44 because it only has 100 timers also. CS said but the genie 2 has a bigger harddrive I said it doesnt matter how big of harddrive it has if you cant set any more timers than what I have. I said if you would let me have 2 genie's on my account everything would be fine. CS said no and was only offered $10 off a month for 12 months for 2 year commitment. I laughed hung up and I called Dish they installed Hopper 3 and 4k joeys next day. I called Dtv back to cancel it took over 45 minutes to cancel. Even though I told CS that I have already switched and their equipment is unhooked. The CS said she still has to read me every offer to get me to stay. I told her I already gave them that opportunity and the best they would offer is $10 for 12 months. I finally told her after I have been using the Hopper 3 compared to the genie there is nothing they could do even give me free service to get me to stay she finally cancelled my service.

part 2. I received my final dtv bill for $0.80 with "do not mail in this payment" on it. So I tried to login to my DTV account to pay... Deleted by DTV...I called they said we can take the payment but we charge $5 processing fee or you can pay with your online account for free. After explaining that they deleted my account and the bill says I cant mail it in how am I suppose to pay. Finally he said ok we will wave the $5 fee then he tried to run my payment and it came back that it has to be a charge of a $1 or more before it can be processed. after about 30mins they finally just cleared out the balance. I am done with ATT their CS is hands down the worst company I have seen

Dish did the same thing to me the first time I had them . They offered a small discount which I declined . Once I had directv installed, they magically wanted to give me new customer promos . I’ve been there with Directv as well. I don’t hate the Genie but it is outdated. When dish released the massive 16 tuner DVR, it was great using it. My wife complains on a weekly basis of how much she misses the Hopper 3. The only reason we even have direct is bc I needed to switch when I did a phone bogo offer. The price I’m paying now is good for 2 years and when that’s up, so will my business with AT&T to. I’ve had nothing but issues with their phone service from billing to service issues to their clueless reps. Unless something dramatically changes in the next 2 years with them , I’m not staying around with them .

Dish did the same thing to me the first time I had them . They offered a small discount which I declined . Once I had directv installed, they magically wanted to give me new customer promos . I’ve been there with Directv as well. I don’t hate the Genie but it is outdated. When dish released the massive 16 tuner DVR, it was great using it. My wife complains on a weekly basis of how much she misses the Hopper 3. The only reason we even have direct is bc I needed to switch when I did a phone bogo offer. The price I’m paying now is good for 2 years and when that’s up, so will my business with AT&T to. I’ve had nothing but issues with their phone service from billing to service issues to their clueless reps. Unless something dramatically changes in the next 2 years with them , I’m not staying around with them .

Yes, come to the dark side. :biggrin (red logo/lightsaber vs blue logo/lightsaber)

When I canceled, it was pretty fast and easy actually. I just told them I wasn't interested in any deals and nothing they could do would change my mind. After that, it was just processing the cancellation and shipping me the boxes.

I paid my final bill via my bank's online billpay as DirecTV had closed my online account. It wasn't mailing a payment, so it fit the bill (so to speak). The CS experience was actually fine. I see plenty of people complain about CS experience with AT&T, but I found it to be better than when I had DirecTV in the past, and my CS experience with AT&T Wireless and Internet has been almost nothing but good over the years.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)