customer service ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
I have been having drop outs on 129,119 and others over the last month. A light rain will take out the signal also. I think it is a mis-aligned dish or loose dish. Had big wind storm here about a month ago and it is the 1000 dish.

called E* to have them send some one out to re-align it. I have the protection $5.00 deal also. They tried to charge me $99...then $29...in the end there will be no charge.

Is it typical of E* to charge the customer when they need to have dish fixed or re-aligned? Had D* for almost 10 years and they never charged me for it and I lost the picture maybe 5 times total, mostly in snowstorms.

I have been having drop outs on 129,119 and others over the last month. A light rain will take out the signal also. I think it is a mis-aligned dish or loose dish. Had big wind storm here about a month ago and it is the 1000 dish.

called E* to have them send some one out to re-align it. I have the protection $5.00 deal also. They tried to charge me $99...then $29...in the end there will be no charge.

Is it typical of E* to charge the customer when they need to have dish fixed or re-aligned? Had D* for almost 10 years and they never charged me for it and I lost the picture maybe 5 times total, mostly in snowstorms.

I thought all calls with the DHPP would cost $29.

I have no idea i was just surprised when he said 99 then said 29. He waived it eventually. I wanted to know if it was normal or not for the charge.

Its normal and should be for any service.

$99 for two hours of labour to repair the problem if its a bad line(s), grounding block, alignment issue, relocation of the dish within 10ft of its original location, replacing any switch, lnbf, remote, receiver or remote extender is not covered, relocation the dish outside of the 10ft is not covered, reinstalling the system is not covered.

DHPP warranty of $5.00 a month sets the service call at $29, this covers all labour up to and past the two hour mark, replacing any hardware including receivers, reinstalling the system, relocating the dish no matter how far.

seems dumb. i pay for the system, too lease the boxes and to put up the dish. They put up the dish (1000) and when it moves or gets loose they charge me to come out and fix their equipment? I never had this with D*. granted it was a smaller dish then and the 1000 has 3 arms on it, but why should I pay for the repair? I pay for the protection plan only to have it only lower my out of pocket?

And to top it all off the tech did not even show up for the appointment today. no call no nothing.

as for your comment it is normal.....Charter came out to replace my cable modem today and ran a new wire and put new ends on the cables....no charge. Centurytel came out and replaced my dsl modem at my business and no charge there either.
I disagree it is normal and should be. Any business should stand behind their product too ensure it works. if one abuses the equipment and damages it they should absolutely pay for any and all repairs. Their mode of delivery is a sat and a dish to receive the signal. if they want customers to continue to pay for the service the signal should be available to the customer. If the signal is not available, through no fault of the customers, the Co. should either allow the customer out of any contract or remedy the issue(s) at no cost to the customer.

I agree with you Madtown, but unfortunatly most cable companies are doing the same. I have Mediacom cable for data and phone and they charge $30 for any repair from the ground block into the home. It's a joke.