Customer Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wgegan

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Wisconsin
Directv is no different than any other company or business in America. Customer service is not the top priority anymore. Making money is.

I have had some problems with Directv in the past but a simple phone call, a calm conversation has resulted in many "perks" for me. Free HBO, huge discounts, I just recieved a second new HD DVR for $99 with a 1 year free HD package ($9.95). All because of a communication problem between an installer and a rep.

Directv is a great company as far as customer service and as an entertainment provider.

Try dealing with a cable provider now days. Ice in their veins....

Yesturday I made calls to change my package, undo my 'moving', and fix issues from the first calls.

Call 1 - move service address and change my package to plus-hd-dvr w/o locals $66.99
Check online - wrong zip code, mistyped street, and plus-hd-dvr w/ locals $3 more
Call 2 - fixed service address and package to w/o locals
Check my receivers - no dvr service
Call 3 - fix dvr service
check online - they shut off my premiums
call 4 - fix premiums (and it took a while for them to find the option for free cinemax w/ hbo)
check online - they shut off my NFL-ST - NOW I'M PISSED

Mind you in the last two calls I'd been disconnected during transfers twice.

Call 5 - tell automated system CANCEL SERVICE and I go right to retention.
Explained my frustrations and 90 minutes of efforts and she fixed my NFL-ST - and made sure I wouldn't be charged again.

Checked everything online and in my receivers - Finally right.

I started at 11am and was one the phone an hour
Continued at 7pm and didn't finish til 8:30.

Two & half hours of CSR roullette is enough to annoy anyone.

I hear you... one cs rep can be clueless as to what day it is and another will fix everything in a heartbeat... I am afraid it is the way of the world.

Yesturday I made calls to change my package, undo my 'moving', and fix issues from the first calls.

Call 1 - move service address and change my package to plus-hd-dvr w/o locals $66.99
Check online - wrong zip code, mistyped street, and plus-hd-dvr w/ locals $3 more
Call 2 - fixed service address and package to w/o locals
Check my receivers - no dvr service
Call 3 - fix dvr service
check online - they shut off my premiums
call 4 - fix premiums (and it took a while for them to find the option for free cinemax w/ hbo)
check online - they shut off my NFL-ST - NOW I'M PISSED

Mind you in the last two calls I'd been disconnected during transfers twice.

Call 5 - tell automated system CANCEL SERVICE and I go right to retention.
Explained my frustrations and 90 minutes of efforts and she fixed my NFL-ST - and made sure I wouldn't be charged again.

Checked everything online and in my receivers - Finally right.

I started at 11am and was one the phone an hour
Continued at 7pm and didn't finish til 8:30.

Two & half hours of CSR roullette is enough to annoy anyone.

If you have a on-line account why did you call back at all? You can do it all at directv.com

Well, nothing major anyway.

I had to upgrade my package to get the NHL network so I lost the grandfathered total choice.

When upgrading I specifically asked for no locals to save the $3 / month. I get everything OTA just fine, so don't really need them.

I had 'moved' to Detroit to get FSN detroit which they would not give in my area despite having a 98 signal on the spotbeam.

So = now that FSN Detroit is national on the new satellite, I no longer need to be relocated :)

If you have a on-line account why did you call back at all? You can do it all at directv.com

Most of what I did you can't do online:

Can't sub to the no-locals package or change servie address
Can't get the 2-for-1 offer on HBO/Max
Can't turn Sunday Ticket back on without being charged $269 again

I have done several things on the web site, however, and will say it is MILES beyond what E* allows on their site. No stupid $5 change fees either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)